This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JR George , JH Fitchen . Future applications of oral fluid specimen technology. American Journal of Medicine 1997; 102: 21–25.
3. A McKie , A Vyse , C Maple . Novel methods for the detection of microbial antibodies in oral fluid. Lancet Infectious Diseases 2002; 2: 18–24.
4. MC Morris , Oral fluid collection by post – a pilot study of two approaches. Public Health 2002; 116: 113–119.
5. MC Morris , Stability of total and rubella-specific IgG in oral fluid samples: the effect of time and temperature. Journal of Immunological Methods 2002; 266: 111–116.
6. E von Mutius . Allergies, infections and the hygiene hypothesis – the epidemiological evidence. Immunobiology 2007; 212: 433–439.
14. AJ Vyse , BJ Cohen , ME Ramsay . A comparison of oral fluid collection devices for use in the surveillance of virus diseases in children. Public Health 2001; 115: 201–207.
15. DJ Nokes , An evaluation of oral-fluid collection devices for the determination of rubella antibody status in a rural Ethiopian community. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1998; 92: 679–685.
16. D Rose , DA Pevalin . A Researchers Guide to the National Statistics Socioeconomic Classification. London: Sage Publications, 2003.
18. G Zou . A modified Poisson regression approach to prospective studies with binary data. American Journal of Epidemiology 2004; 159: 702–706.
19. MR Petersen , JA Deddens . A comparison of two methods for estimating prevalence ratios. BMC Medical Research Methodology 2008; 8: 9.
22. MC Morris-Cunnington , A population-based seroprevalence study of Hepatitis A virus using oral fluid in England and Wales. American Journal of Epidemiology 2004; 159: 786–794.
23. T O'Connell , Oral fluid collection by post for viral antibody testing. International Journal of Epidemiology 2001; 30: 298–301.
24. P Chatzipantazi , The feasibility and acceptability of collecting oral fluid from healthy children for anti-HCV testing. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2004; 89: 185–187.
25. NS Crowcroft , Epidemiology of Epstein-Barr virus infection in pre-adolescent children: application of a new salivary method in Edinburgh, Scotland. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 1998; 52: 101–104.
26. S Gibbs , Atopic dermatitis and the hygiene hypothesis. International Journal of Epidemiology 2004; 33: 199–207.
27. JD Rothmier , MV Lasley , G Shapiro . Factors influencing parental consent in pediatric clinical research. Pediatrics 2003; 111; 1037–1041.
28. A Tait , T Voepel-Lewis , S Malviya . Participation of children in clinical research: factors that influence a parent's decision to consent. Anesthesiology 2003; 99: 819–825.
29. AA Sabri , MA Qayyum . Increasing the participation: another factor. PLoS Med 2005; 3: e250.
30. SM Hunt , R Bhopal . Self report in clinical and epidemiological studies with non-English speakers, the challenge of language and culture. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 2004; 58: 618–622.
31. S Hunt , R Bhopal . Self reports in research with non-English speakers. British Medical Journal 2003; 327: 352–353.
32. C Bartlett , The causes and effects of socio-demographic exclusions from clinical trials. Health Technology Assessment 2005; 9: 1–152.
33. M Hussain-Gambles , K Atkin , B Leese . Why ethnic minority groups are under-represented in clinical trials: a review of the literature. Health and Social Care in the Community 2004; 12: 382–388.
35. S Mason , Representation of South Asian people in randomised clinical trials: analysis of trials' data. British Medical Journal 2003; 326: 1244–1245.
37. G Lamvu , Racial differences among reasons for participating in research of pregnancy outcomes: The right from the start experience Gender Medicine 2005; 2: 166–173.
38. KS Crider , Racial and ethnic disparity in participation in DNA collection at the Atlanta Site of the National Birth Defects Prevention Study. American Journal of Epidemiology 2006; 164: 805–812.
39. VL Shavers , Racial differences in factors that influence the willingness to participate in medical research studies. Annals of Epidemiology 2002; 12: 248–256.
40. A Sheikh . Why are ethnic minorities under-represented in US research studies? PLoS Med 2005; 3: e49.