This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. GR Thomson , W Vosloo , JJ Esterhuysen , RG Bengis . Maintenance of foot-and-mouth disease viruses in buffalo in southern Africa. Rev Sci Tech Off Int Epiz 1992; 11: 1097–107.
8. RS Hedger , JB Condy . Transmission of foot-and-mouth disease virus from African buffalo virus carriers to bovines. Vet Rec 1985; 117: 205.
12. R Rico-Hesse , MA Pallansch , BK Nottay , OM Kew . Geographic distribution of wild poliovirus type 1 genotypes. Virology 1987; 160: 311–22.
13. L Kinnunen , T Pöyry , T Hovi . Generation of virus genetic lineages during an outbreak of poliomyelitis. J Gen Virol 1991; 72: 2483–9.
15. F Sobrino , MA Martínez , C Carrillo , E Beck . Antigenic variation of foot-and-mouth disease virus of serotype C during propagation in the field is mainly restricted to only one structural protein (VP1). Virus Res 1989: 14: 273–80.
16. G Fox , NR Parry , PV Barnett , B McGinn , DJ Rowlands , F Brown . The cell attachment site on foot-and-mouth disease virus includes the amino acid sequence RGD (arginine-glycine-aspartic acid). J Gen Virol 1989; 70: 625–37.
18. JL. Bittle , RA Houghten , H Alexander , Protection against foot-and-mouth disease by immunization with a chemically synthesized peptide predicted from the viral nucleotide sequence. Nature 1982: 298: 30–3.
27. AL Brown , RO Campbell , BE Clarke . The nucleotide sequence of the structural-protein-coding region of foot-and-mouth disease virus serotype SAT3. Gene 1989; 75: 225–34.
29. R Acharya , E Fry , D Stuart , G Fox , D Rowlands , F Brown . The three-dimensional structure of foot-and-mouth disease virus at 2.9Å resolution. Nature 1989; 337: 709–16.
30. R Acharya , E Fry , D Stuart , G Fox , D Rowlands , F Brown . The structure of foot-and-mouth disease virus: implications for its physical and biological properties. Vet Microbiol 1990; 23: 21–34.
32. BE Clarke , DV Sangar . Processing and assembly of foot-and-mouth disease virus proteins using subgenomic RNA. J Gen Virol 1988; 69: 2313–25.
33. MD Ryan , GJ Belsham , AMQ King . Specificity of enzyme-substrate interactions in foot-and-mouth disease virus polyprotein processing. Virology 1989; 173: 35–45.
34. RS Hedger . Foot-and-mouth disease in wildlife with particular reference to the African buffalo (Syncerus coffer). In: LA Page , ed. Wildlife diseases. New York: Plenum Publishing Corporation, 1976: 235–44.
36. BH Robertson , RW Jansen , B Khanna , Genetic relatedness of hepatitis A virus strains recovered from different geographical regions. J Gen Virol 1992; 73: 1365–77.
37. TWF Pay . Variation in foot-and-mouth disease: application to vaccination. Rev Sci Tech Off Int Epiz 1983; 2: 701–23.