This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
12. KE Sherman , Hepatitis C virus prevalence among patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus: a cross-sectional analysis of the US adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2002; 34: 831–837.
14. NJ Bodsworth , DA Cooper , B Donovan . The influence of humanimmunodeficiency virus type 1 infection on the development of the hepatitis B carrier state. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1991; 163: 1138–1140.
23. SE Kellerman , Prevalence of chronic hepatitis B and incidence of acute hepatitis B infection in human immunodeficiency virus-infected subjects. Journal of Infectious Disease 2003; 188: 571–577.
24. HM Chun , Epidemiology of hepatitis B virus infection in a US cohort of HIV-infected individuals during the past 20 years. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2010; 50: 426–436.
25. KB Anderson , JL Guest , D Rimland . Hepatitis C virus coinfection increases mortality in HIV-infected patients in the highly active antiretroviral therapy era: data from the HIV Atlanta VA Cohort Study. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2004; 39: 1507–1513.
26. RE Barth , Hepatitis B/C and HIV in sub-Saharan Africa: an association between highly prevalent infectious diseases. A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Infectious Diseases 2010; 14: e1024–1031.
27. MH Kuniholm , Risk factors and algorithms to identify hepatitis C, hepatitis B, and HIV among Georgian tuberculosis patients. International Journal of Infectious Diseases 2008; 12: 51–56.
28. DM Dwyre , LP Fernando , PV Holland . Hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV transfusion-transmitted infections in the 21st century. Vox Sanguinis 2011; 100: 92–98.
29. MB Victoria , Epidemiology of HIV/HCV coinfection in patients cared for at the Tropical Medicine Foundation of Amazonas. Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases 2010; 14: 135–40.
30. S Reuter , Prevalence and characteristics of hepatitis B and C virus infections in treatment-naïve HIV-infected patients. Medical Microbiology and Immunology 2011; 200: 39–49.
31. D Lincoln , K Petoumenos , GJ Dore . Australian HIV observational database. HIV/HBV and HIV/HCV coinfection, and outcomes following highly active antiretroviral therapy. HIV Medicine 2003; 4: 241–249.
EM Tedaldi ,
Prevalence and characteristics of hepatitis C virus coinfection in a human immunodeficiency virus clinical trials group: the Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS. Clinical Infectious Diseases
2003; 36: 1313–1317.
33. M Dorrucci , The effect of hepatitis C on progression to AIDS before and after highly active antiretroviral therapy. AIDS 2004; 18: 2313–2318.
34. R Romeo , Hepatitis C is more severe in drug users with human immunodeficiency virus infection. Journal of Viral Hepatitis 2000; 7: 297–301.
35. C Goodenow , J Netherland , L Szalacha . AIDS-related risk among adolescent males who have sex with males, females, or both: evidence from a statewide survey. American Journal of Public Health 2002; 92: 203–210.
36. SB Montgomery , Gender differences in HIV risk behaviors among young injectors and their social network members. American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse 2002; 28: 453–475.