This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. A Safa , Genetic characteristics of Matlab variants of Vibrio cholerae O1 that are hybrids between classical and El Tor biotypes. Journal of Medical Microbiology 2006; 55: 1563–1569.
2. M Ansaruzzaman , Cholera in Mozambique, variant of Vibrio cholerae. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2004; 10: 2057–2059.
3. GB Nair , Cholera due to altered El Tor strains of Vibrio cholerae O1 in Bangladesh. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2006; 44: 4211–4213.
4. A Safa , Vibrio cholerae O1 hybrid El Tor strains, Asia and Africa. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2008; 14: 987–988.
6. CS Chin , The origin of the Haitian cholera outbreak strain. New England Journal of Medicine 2011; 364: 33–42.
7. N Taneja , Outbreaks caused by new variant of V. cholerae O1 El Tor, India. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2009; 15: 352–353.
8. P Kumar , A large cholera outbreak due to a new cholera toxin variant of the Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor biotype in Orissa, Eastern India. Journal of Medical Microbiology 2009; 58: 234–238.
9. BB Pal , Epidemics of severe cholera caused by El Tor Vibrio cholerae O1 Ogawa possessing the ctxB gene of the classical biotype in Orissa, India. International Journal of Infectious Diseases 2010; 14: 384–389.
12. HK Khuntia , BB Pal , GP Chhotray . Quadruplex PCR assay for simultaneous detection of biotype, serotype, toxigenic potential and central regulating factors of Vibrio cholerae. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2008; 46: 2399–2401.
13. M Morita , Development and validation of a mismatch amplification mutation PCR assay to monitor the dissemination of an emerging variant of Vibrio cholerae O1 biotype El Tor. Microbiology Immunology 2008; 52: 314–317.
14. GP Chhotray , Incidence and molecular analysis of V. cholerae associated with cholera outbreak subsequently to the super cyclone in Orissa, India. Epidemiology and Infection 2002; 128: 131–138.
16. AK Goel , Molecular characterization of Vibrio cholerae outbreak strains with altered El Tor biotype from southern India. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 2010; 26: 281–287.
18. P Garg , Emergence of fluoroquinolone-resistant strains of Vibrio cholerae O1 biotype El Tor among hospitalized patients with cholera in Calcutta, India. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2006; 45: 1605–1606.
19. BV Krishna , AB Patil , MR Chandrasekhar . Fluoroquinolone-resistant Vibrio cholerae isolated during a cholera outbreak in India. Transactions of Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2006; 100: 224–226.
20. AK Goel , SC Jiang . Genetic determinants of virulence, antibiogram and altered biotype among the Vibrio cholerae O1 isolates from different cholera outbreaks in India. Infection Genetics and Evolution 2010; 10: 815–819.
21. MV Jesudason . Change in serotype and appearance of tetracycline resistance in V. cholerae O1 in Vellore, South India. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology 2006; 24: 152–153.
22. F Sabeena , In vitro susceptibility of Vibrio cholerae O1 biotype El Tor strains associated with an outbreak of cholera in Kerala, Southern India. Journal of Antimicrobial and Chemotherapy 2001; 47: 361–362.
23. JW Beaber , MK Waldor . Identification of operators and promoters that control SXT conjugative transfer. Journal of Bacteriology 2004; 186: 5945–5949.
24. JW Beaber , B Hochhut , MK Waldor . Genomics and functional analysis of SXT, an integrating antibiotic resistance gene transfer elements derived from Vibrio cholerae. Journal of Bacteriology 2002; 184: 4259–4269.
26. MK Waldor , JJ Mekalanos . Lysogenic conversion by a filamentous phage encoding cholera toxin. Science 1996; 272: 1910–1914.