This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. A Voss , Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in pig farming. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005; 11: 1965–1966.
4. T Khanna , Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization in pigs and pig farmers. Veterinary Microbiology 2008; 128: 298–303.
5. TC Smith , Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) strain ST398 is present in midwestern U.S. swine and swine workers. PLoS One 2009; 4: e4258.
6. CC Bens , A Voss , CH Klaassen . Presence of a novel DNA methylation enzyme in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates associated with pig farming leads to uninterpretable results in standard pulsed-field gel electrophoresis analysis. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2006; 44: 1875–1876.
9. M Hallin , Diversity of accessory genome of human and livestock-associated ST398 methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains. Infection Genetics and Evolution 2011; 11: 290–299.
10. MM van Rijen , PH Van Keulen , JA Kluytmans . Increase in a Dutch hospital of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus related to animal farming. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2008; 46: 261–263.
12. MC Bootsma , The nosocomial transmission rate of animal-associated ST398 meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Journal of the Royal Society Interface 2011; 8: 578–584.
13. O Denis , Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus ST398 in swine farm personnel, Belgium. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2009; 15: 1098–1101.
15. BA van Cleef , Persistence of livestock-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in field workers after short-term occupational exposure to pigs and veal calves. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2011; 49: 1030–1033.
18. Y Kondo , Combination of multiplex PCRs for staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec type assignment: rapid identification system for mec, ccr, and major differences in junkyard regions. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2007; 51: 264–274.
21. LK Ng , Multiplex PCR for the detection of tetracycline resistant genes. Molecular and Cellular Probes 2001; 15: 209–215.
25. A Loeffler , Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriage in UK veterinary staff and owners of infected pets: new risk groups. Journal of Hospital Infection 2010; 74: 282–288.
26. M Wulf , Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in veterinary doctors and students, the Netherlands. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2006; 12: 1939–1941.
28. E Nulens , Contribution of two molecular assays as compared to selective culture for MRSA screening in a low MRSA prevalence population. Infection 2010; 38: 98–101.
29. O Denis , Epidemiology of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) among residents of nursing homes in Belgium. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2009; 64: 1299–1306.