This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. MF Kluytmans-Vandenbergh , JA Kluytmans . Community-acquired methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus: current perspectives. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 2006; 12: 9–15.
2. F Vandenesch , Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carrying Panton-Valentine leukocidin genes: worldwide emergence. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2003; 9: 978–984.
3. BC Herold , Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in children with no identified predisposing risk. Journal of the American Medical Association 1998; 279: 593–598.
4. S Derensinski . Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: an evolutionary, epidemiologic and therapeutic odyssey. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2005; 40: 562–573.
5. MD King , Emergence of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus USA 300 clone as the predominant cause of skin and soft-tissue infections. Annals of Internal Medicine 2006; 144: 309–317.
6. M Wulf , Prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus among veterinarians: an international study. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 2008; 14: 29–34.
9. A Voss , Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in pig farming. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005; 11: 1965–1966.
11. HF Wertheim Low prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) at hospital admission in the Netherlands: the value of search and destroy and restrictive antibiotic use. Journal of Hospital Infection 2004; 56: 321–325.
12. M Wulf , MRSA carriage in healthcare personnel in contact with farm animals. Journal of Hospital Infection 2008; 70: 186–190.
14. R Köck , Prevalence and molecular characteristics of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) among pigs on German farms and import of livestock-related MRSA into hospitals. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Disease 2009; 28: 1375–1382.
16. XW Huijsdens , BJ van Dijke , E Spalburg , MG van Santen-Verheuvel , ME Heck , GN Pluister , Community-acquired MRSA and pig-farming. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials 2006; 5: 26.
17. MJ Gilchrist , The potential role of concentrated animal feeding operations in infectious disease epidemics and antibiotica resistance. Environmental Health Perspectives 2007; 115: 313–316.
18. K Radon , Environmental exposure to confined animal feeding operations and respiratory health of neighboring residents. Epidemiology 2007; 18: 309–311.
21. MEC Anderson , S Lefebvre , JS Weese . Evaluation of prevalence and risk factors for methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization in veterinary personnel attending an international equine veterinary conference. Veterinary Microbiology 2008; 129: 410–417.
23. A Currie , Sensitivities of nasal and rectal swabs for detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization in an active surveillance program. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2008; 46: 3101–3103.
25. IF Chaberny , A Bindseil , P Gastmeier . A point-prevalence study of MRSA in a German university hospital to identify patients at risk and to evaluate an established admission screening procedure. Infection 2008; 36: 526–532.
26. W Witte , Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus ST398 in humans and animals, Central Europe. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2007; 13: 255–258.
27. HC Lewis , Pigs as source of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus CC398 infections in humans, Denmark. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2008; 14: 1383–1389.
28. FC Leonard , BK Markey . Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in animals: a review. Veterinary Journal 2008; 175: 27–36.