This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
4. ME Reller , Sexual transmission of typhoid fever: a multistate
outbreak among men who have sex with men.
Clinical Infectious Diseases 2003; 37:
7. JA Crump , Estimating the incidence of typhoid fever and other febrile illnesses
in developing countries. Emerging Infectious
Diseases 2003; 9:
8. T Butler , Typhoid fever complicated by intestinal perforation: a
persisting fatal disease requiring surgical management.
Reviews of Infectious Diseases 1985; 7:
9. S Hosoglu , Risk factors for enteric perforation in patients with typhoid
fever. American Journal of Epidemiology 2004; 160:
11. DB Huang , HL DuPont . Problem pathogens:
extra-intestinal complications of Salmonella
enterica serotype Typhi infection.
Lancet Infectious Diseases 2005; 5:
12. JH Mermin , A massive outbreak of multidrug-resistant typhoid fever in Tajikistan
associated with consumption of municipal water.
Journal of Infectious Diseases 1999; 179:
13. ETAM van den Bergh , Outcome in three groups of patients with typhoid fever in Indonesia
between 1948 and 1990. Tropical Medicine and
International Health 1999; 4:
14. A Sinha , Typhoid fever in children aged less than 5 years.
Lancet 1999; 354:
15. WA Brooks , Bacteremic typhoid fever in an urban slum,
Bangladesh. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005; 11:
16. C Ferreccio , Benign bacteremia caused by Salmonella Typhi and Paratypi in children aged younger than 2
years. Journal of Pediatrics 1984; 104:
. Typhoid fever in young children.
British Medical Journal 1971; 4:
. Impact of age and drug resistance on mortality in
typhoid fever. Archives of Diseases in Childhood 1996; 75:
20. T Butler , Patterns of morbidity and mortality in typhoid fever dependent on age
and gender: review of 552 hospitalized patients with
diarrhea. Reviews of Infectious Diseases 1991; 13:
23. SK Saha , Typhoid fever in Bangladesh: implications for vaccination
policy. Pediatric Infectious Diseases 2001; 20:
25. SH Mirza , NJ Beeching , CA Hart . The prevalence and clinical
features of multi-drug resistant Salmonella
Typhi infections in Baluchistan, Pakistan. Annals
of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 1995; 89:
27. IL Acharya , Prevention of typhoid fever in Nepal with the Vi capsular
polysaccharide of Salmonella
Typhi. New England Journal of Medicine 1987; 317:
29. MM Levine , Duration of efficacy of Ty21a, attenuated Salmonella Typhi live oral vaccine.
Vaccine 1999; 17 (Suppl.
31. FY Lin , The efficacy of a Salmonella Typhi
Vi conjugate vaccine in two-to-five-year-old children.
New England Journal of Medicine 2001; 344:
32. MN Lanh , Persistent efficacy of Vi conjugate vaccine against typhoid fever in
young children. New England Journal of Medicine 2003; 349:
33. L Bodhidatta , Control of typhoid fever in Bangkok, Thailand, by annual immunization
of schoolchildren with parenteral typhoid vaccine.
Reviews of Infectious Diseases 1987; 9:
34. A Gupta , Evaluation of community-based serologic screening for identification
of chronic Salmonella Typhi carriers in
Vietnam. International Journal of Infectious
Diseases 2006; 10:
38. SP Luby , Risk factors for typhoid fever in an endemic setting, Karachi,
Pakistan. Epidemiology and Infection 1998; 120:
39. AM Vollaard , Risk factors for typhoid and paratyphoid fever in Jakarta,
Indonesia. Journal of the American Medical
Association 2004; 291:
42. J Wain , Quantitation of bacteria in bone marrow from patients with typhoid
fever: relationship between counts and clinical
features. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2001; 39:
43. JA Crump , Reevaluating fluoroquinolone breakpoints for Salmonella enterica serotype Typhi and for non-Typhi
salmonellae. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2003; 37:
44. SJ Olsen , Evaluation of rapid diagnostic tests for typhoid
fever. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2004; 42:
46. KP Klugman , Immunogenicity, efficacy, and serological correlate of protection of
Salmonella Typhi Vi capsular
polysaccharide vaccine three years after immunization.
Vaccine 1996; 14:
47. CH Simanjuntak , Oral immunisation against typhoid fever in Indonesia with Ty21a
vaccine. Lancet 1991; 338:
50. RE Black , Efficacy of one or two doses of Ty21a Salmonella Typhi vaccine in
enteric-coated capsules in a controlled field trial.
Vaccine 1990; 8:
52. MH Wahdan , A controlled field trial of live Salmonella Typhi strain Ty 21a oral vaccine against
typhoid: three-year results. Journal
of Infectious Diseases 1982; 145:
64. ME Ellis , A Moosa , V Hillier . A review of typhoid fever in South
African black children. Postgraduate Medical
Journal 1990; 66:
. Mild typhoid fever.
Archives of Diseases in Childhood 1986; 61:
71. KE Choo , Typhoid fever in hospitalized children in Kelantan,
Malaysia. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 1988; 8:
73. ZA Bhutta , Multidrug-resistant typhoid in children: presentation and
clinical features. Review of Infectious Diseases 1991; 13:
. Therapeutic aspects of typhoidal salmonellosis in
childhood: the Karachi experience.
Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 1996; 16:
75. SS Islam , NS Shahid . Morbidity and mortality in a
diarrhoeal diseases hospital in Bangladesh.
Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and
Hygiene 1986; 80:
79. R Rasaily , Multi-drug resistant typhoid fever in hospitalized
children: clinical, bacteriological and epidemiological
profiles. European Journal of Epidemiology 1994; 10:
84. F Kizilcan , Complications of typhoid fever requiring laparotomy during
childhood. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 1993; 28: