1. Patz JA, et al. Impact of regional climate change on human health. Nature 2005; 438: 310–317.
2. Campbell-Lendrum D, Corvalan C. Climate change and developing-country cities: implications for environmental health and equity. Journal of Urban Health 2007; 84 (Suppl. 1): 109–117.
3. Pascual M, et al. Cholera dynamics and El Niño-Southern Oscillation. Science 2000; 289: 1766–1769.
4. Rodo X, et al. ENSO and cholera: a nonstationary link related to climate change? Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2002; 99: 12901–12906.
5. Bouma MJ, Pascual M. Seasonal and inerannual cycles of endemic cholera in Bengal 1891–1940 in relation to climate and geography. Hydrobiologia 2001; 460: 147–156.
6. Lobitz B, et al. Climate and infectious disease: use of remote sensing for detection of vibrio cholerae by indirect measurement. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2000; 97: 1438–1443.
7. Colwell RR. Global climate and infectious disease: the cholera paradigm. Science 1996; 274: 2025–2031.
8. Ohtomo N, et al. New method of time series analysis and its application to wolf's sunspot number data. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 1994; 33: 2821–2831.
9. Terachi S, et al. New method of time series analysis and its application to wolf's sunspot number data, 2: periodicities of the daily sunspot numbers. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 1997; 36: 957–968.
10. Marple SL Jr.. Digital Spectral Analysis with Applications. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1987, pp. 264–265.
11. Bloomfield P. Fourier Analysis of Time Series. An Introduction. New York: Wiley, 1976.
12. Ohtomo N, et al. Exponential characteristics of power spectral densities caused by chaotic phenomena. Journal of the Physical Society of Japan 1995; 64: 1104–1113.
13. Ohtomo N, et al. Power spectral densities of temporal variations of blood pressures. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 1996; 35: 5571–5582.
14. Sumi A, et al. Comprehensive spectral analysis of time series data of recurrent epidemics. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 1997; 36: 1303–1318.
15. Hosoda S, Kasanuki H, Ohtomo N (eds). A New Development of Time Series Analysis in Medical and Biological Sciences. Hokkaido University Press, 1996.
16. Chronological Scientific Table. National Institutes of Natural Sciences (NINS), National Astronomical Observatory of Japan. Maruzen Co. Ltd Publishing Division, 1981–1999.
17. Lipp EK, Huq A, Colwell RR. Effects of global climate on infectious disease: the cholera model. Clinical Microbiology Reviews 2002; 15: 757–770.
18. Faruque SM, et al. Seasonal epidemics of cholera inversely correlate with the prevalence of environmental cholera phages. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2005; 102: 1702–1707.
19. Faruque SM, et al. Sunlight-induced propagation of the lysogenic phage encoding cholera toxin. Infection and Immunity 2000; 68: 4795–4801.
20. Conroy RM, et al. Solar disinfection of drinking water protects against cholera in children under 6 years of age. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2001; 85: 293–295.