This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. BC Herold , Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in children with no identified predisposing risk. Journal of the American Medical Association 1998; 279: 593–598.
2. TS Naimi , Comparison of community and healthcare-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection. Journal of the American Medical Association 2003; 290: 2976–2984.
4. K Mongkolrattanothai , Severe Staphylococcus aureus infections caused by clonally related community-acquired methicillin-susceptible and methicillin-resistant isolates. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2003; 37: 1050–1058.
7. L Saiman , Hospital transmission of community-acquired methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus among postpartum women. Infectious Diseases 2003; 37: 1313–1319.
8. H Sax , Control of a cluster of commuity-associated, methicillin-resisant Staphylococcus aureus in neonatology. Journal of Hospital Infection 2006; 63: 93–100.
9. FM MacKenzie , Identification and characterization of teicoplanin-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus blood culture isolates in NE Scotland. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2002; 50: 689–697.
13. G Lina , Involvement of Panton-Valentine leukocidin-producing Staphylococcus aureus in primary skin infections and pneumonia. Clinical Infectious Diseases 1999; 29: 1128–1132.
16. DC Oliveira , H de Lencastre . Multiplex PCR strategy for rapid identification of structural types and variants of the mec element in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2002; 46: 2155–2161.
18. H de Almeida Silva , Infection and colonisation by Staphylococcus aureus in a high risk nursery of a Brazilian teaching hospital. Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases 2003; 7: 381–386.
19. HF Chambers . Community-associated MRSA – resistance and virulence converge. New England Journal of Medicine 2005; 352: 1485–1487.
21. SK Fridkin , Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus disease in three communities. New England Journal of Medicine 2005; 352: 1485–1487.
22. P Seetulsingh , C Curtis , AM Kearns . Outbreak of ciprofloxacin-susceptible community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a neonatal unit. Journal of Hospital Infection 2008; 68: 374–375.
23. JA Otter , Identification and control of an outbreak of ciprofloxacin-susceptible EMRSA-15 on a neonatal unit. Journal of Hospital Infection 2007; 67: 232–239.
24. MD David , Community-associated MRSA: nosocomial transmission in a neonatal unit. Journal of Hospital Infection 2006; 64: 244–250.
26. IM Gould . Community-acquired MRSA: can we control it? Lancet 2006; 368: 824–826.