This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
CN Berger ,
Fresh fruit and vegetables as vehicles for the transmission of human pathogens. Environmental Microbiology
2010; 12: 2385–2397.
RJ Gelting ,
Irrigation water issues potentially related to the 2006 multistate E. coli O157:H7 outbreak associated with spinach. Agricultural Water Management
2011; 98: 1395–1402.
8. MT Jay , Escherichia coli O157:H7 in feral swine near spinach fields and cattle, central California coast. Emerging and Infectious Diseases 2007; 13: 1908–1911.
10. JT LeJeune , TE Besser , DD Hancock . Cattle water troughs as reservoirs of Escherichia coli O157. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2001; 67: 3053–3057.
DG Renter , JM Sargeant , LL Hungerford . Distribution of Escherichia coli O157:H7 within and among cattle operations in pasture-based agricultural areas. American Journal of Veterinary Research
2004; 65: 1367–1376.
12. VPJ Gannon , Escherichia coli O157:H7 infection in cows and calves in a beef cattle herd in Alberta, Canada. Epidemiology and Infection 2002; 129: 163–172.
MB Cooley ,
Development of a robust method for isolation of shiga toxin-positive Escherichia coli (STEC) from fecal, plant, soil and water samples from a leafy greens production region in California. PLoS One
2013; 8: e65716.
L Benjamin ,
Occurrence of generic Escherichia coli, E. coli O157 and Salmonella spp. in water and sediment from leafy green produce farms and streams on the Central California coast. International Journal of Food Microbiology
2013; 165: 65–76.
18. M Cooley , Incidence and tracking of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in a major produce production region in California. PLoS One 2007; 2: e1159.
19. JM Bosilevac , M Koohmaraie . Prevalence and characterization of non-O157 Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli isolates from commercial ground beef in the United States. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2011; 77: 2103–2112.
21. J Lofstedt , IR Dohoo , G Duizer . Model to predict septicemia in diarrheic calves. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 1999; 13: 81–88.
JM Sargeant ,
Associations between management, climate, and Escherichia coli O157 in the faeces of feedlot cattle in the Midwestern USA. Preventive Veterinary Medicine
2004; 66: 175–206.
32. S Kondo , Longitudinal prevalence and molecular typing of Escherichia coli O157: H7 by use of multiple-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis in fecal samples collected from a range-based herd of beef cattle in California. American Journal of Veterinary Research 2010; 71: 1339–1347.
WW Laegreid , RO Elder , JE Keen . Prevalence of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in range beef calves at weaning. Epidemiology and Infection
1999; 123: 291–298.
DW Hosmer , S Lemeshow . Applied Logistic Regression. New York: Wiley-Interscience, 2000.
39. G Heinze , M Schemper . A solution to the problem of separation in logistic regression. Statistics in Medicine 2002; 21: 2409–2419.
40. L Matthews , Predicting the public health benefit of vaccinating cattle against Escherichia coli O157. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. Published online: 16September2013. doi:10.1073/pnas.1304978110.