This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
4. WF Carman , Effects of influenza vaccination of health-care workers on mortality of elderly people in long-term care: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2000; 355: 93–97.
T Lundstrom ,
Organizational and environmental factors that affect worker health and safety and patient outcomes. American Journal of Infection Control
2002; 30: 93–106.
10. M Straetemans , Prioritization strategies for pandemic influenza vaccine in 27 countries of the European Union and the Global Health Security Action Group: a review. BMC Public Health 2007; 7: 236.
12. PR Blank , M Schwenkglenks , TD Szucs . Influenza vaccination coverage rates in five European countries during season 2006/07 and trends over six consecutive seasons. BMC Public Health 2008; 8: 272.
13. ZH Abramson , O Levi . Influenza vaccination among primary healthcare workers. Vaccine 2008; 26: 2482–2489.
14. HC Maltezou , Influenza vaccination acceptance among health-care workers: a nationwide survey. Vaccine 2008; 26: 1408–1410.
16. G Livni , Attitudes, knowledge and factors related to acceptance of influenza vaccine by pediatric healthcare workers. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2008; 3: 111–117.
18. S Shahrabani , U Benzion , GY Din . Factors affecting nurses' decision to get the flu vaccine. European Journal of Health Economics 2009; 10: 227–231.
19. FW O'Reilly , GW Cran , AB Stevens . Factors affecting influenza vaccine uptake among health care workers. Occupational Medicine 2005; 55: 474–479.
21. JR de Juanes , Influenza vaccination coverage among hospital personnel over three consecutive vaccination campaigns (2001–2002 to 2003–2004). Vaccine 2007; 25: 201–204.
23. SP Norton , Influenza vaccination in paediatric nurses: cross-sectional study of coverage, refusal, and factors in acceptance. Vaccine 2008; 26: 2942–2948.
31. B Nerlich , C Halliday . Avian flu: the creation of expectations in the interplay between science and the media. Sociology of Health and Illness 2007; 29: 46–65.
32. KA Wallston , BS Wallston , R DeVellis . Development of the multidimensional health locus of control (MHLC) scales. Health Education Monographs 1978; 6: 160–170.
Committee on Infectious Diseases. Policy statement – recommendation for mandatory influenza immunization of all health care personnel. Pediatrics
2010; 126: 809–815.
35. AM Stewart . Mandatory vaccination of health care workers. New England Journal of Medicine 2009; 361: 2015–2017.
37. AR Converso . Point counterpoint: mandatory flu vaccination for health care workers. American Journal of Nursing 2010; 110: 27.
38. I Looijmans-van den Akker , Beliefs on mandatory influenza vaccination of health care workers in nursing homes: a questionnaire study from the Netherlands. Journal of American Geriatrics Society 2009; 57: 2253–2256.