This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. LW Riley , Hemorrhagic colitis associated with a rare Escherichia coli serotype. New England Journal of Medicine 1983; 308: 681–685.
2. L Sartz , An outbreak of Escherichia coli O157:H7 infection in southern Sweden associated with consumption of fermented sausage; aspects of sausage production that increase the risk of contamination. Epidemiology and Infection 2008; 136: 370–380.
3. E Effler , Factors contributing to the emergence of Escherichia coli O157 in Africa. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2001; 7: 812–819.
4. DL Woodward , Verotoxigenic Escherichia coli (VTEC): a major public health threat in Canada. Canadian Journal of Infectious Diseases 2002; 13: 321–330.
13. H Michino , Massive outbreak of Escherichia coli O157:H7 infection in schoolchildren in Sakai City, Japan, associated with consumption of white radish sprouts. American Journal of Epidemiology 1999; 150: 787–796.
14. H Pennington . Escherichia coli O157. Lancet 2010; 376: 1428–1435.
17. CJI Payne , Vero cytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli O157 gastroenteritis in farm visitors, North Wales. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2003; 9: 526–530.
19. EM Ribot , Standardization of pulsed-field gel electrophoresis protocols for the subtyping of Escherichia coli O157:H7, Salmonella, and Shigella for PulseNet. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 2006; 3: 59–67.
20. KP Neil , A novel vehicle for transmission of Escherichia coli O157:H7 to humans: multistate outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 infections associated with consumption of ready-to-bake commercial prepackaged cookie dough – United States, 2009. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2011; 54: 511–518.
21. T Murase , S Yamai , H Watanabe . Changes in pulsed-field gel electrophoresis patterns in clinical isolates of enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli O157:H7 associated with loss of Shiga toxin genes. Current Microbiology 1999; 38: 48–50.
22. KG Snedeker , Primary and secondary cases in Escherichia coli O157 outbreaks: a statistical analysis. BMC Infectious Diseases 2009; 9: 144.
23. EYW Seto , JA Soller , JM Colford . Strategies to reduce person-to-person transmission during widespread Escherichia coli O157:H7 outbreak. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2007; 13: 860–866.
24. D Werber , Preventing household transmission of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157 infection: promptly separating siblings might be the key. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2008; 46: 1189–1196.
26. N Okahisa , Evaluation and control of the risk of foodborne pathogens and spoilage bacteria present in Awa-Uirou, a sticky rice cake containing sweet red bean paste. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 2008; 5: 351–359.
27. MS Friedman , Escherichia coli O157:H7 outbreak associated with an improperly chlorinated swimming pool. Clinical Infectious Diseases 1999; 29: 298–303.