This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JH Mermin , Typhoid fever in the United States, 1985–1994: changing risks of international travel and increasing antimicrobial resistance. Archives of Internal Medicine 1998; 158: 633–638.
2. SH Mirza , NJ Beeching , CA Hart . Multi-drug resistant typhoid: a global problem. Journal of Medical Microbiology 1996; 44: 317–319.
3. CM Parry , Typhoid fever. New England Journal of Medicine 2002; 347: 1770–1782.
4. J Wain , Quinolone-resistant Salmonella typhi in Vietnam: molecular basis of resistance and clinical response to treatment. Clinical Infectious Diseases 1997; 25: 1404–1410.
6. MK Bhan , R Bahl , S Bhatnagar . Typhoid and paratyphoid fever. Lancet 2005; 366: 749–762.
7. NN Linh , K Arnold . Treatment of typhoid fever and typhoid carriers in Southeast Asia. Viewpoint from South Vietnam. Drugs 1975; 9: 241–243.
8. CM Parry . The treatment of multidrug-resistant and nalidixic acid-resistant typhoid fever in Vietnam. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2004; 98: 413–422.
9. S Sood , Re-emergence of chloramphenicol-sensitive Salmonella typhi. Lancet 1999; 353: 1241–1242.
11. T Kadhiravan , Clinical outcomes in typhoid fever: adverse impact of infection with nalidixic acid-resistant Salmonella typhi. BMC Infectious Diseases 2005; 5: 37.
12. C Parry , Quinolone-resistant Salmonella typhi in Vietnam. Lancet 1998; 351: 1289.