This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
O Cosivi ,
Zoonotic tuberculosis due to Mycobacterium bovis in developing countries. Emerging Infectious Diseases
1998; 4: 59–70.
2. E Etter , Risk analysis and bovine tuberculosis, a re-emerging zoonosis. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 2006; 1081: 61–73.
3. KA Alexander , Mycobacterium tuberculosis: an emerging disease of free-ranging wildlife. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2002; 8: 598–601.
AL Michel ,
Wildlife tuberculosis in South African conservation areas: implications and challenges. Veterinary Microbiology
2006; 112: 91–100.
6. TC Rodwell , Prevalence of bovine tuberculosis in African buffalo at Kruger National Park. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 2001; 37: 258–264.
7. A Caron , PC Cross , JT du Toit . Ecological implications of bovine tuberculosis in African buffalo herds. Ecological Applications 2003; 13: 1338–1345.
8. AE Jolles , DV Cooper , SA Levin . Hidden effects of chronic tuberculosis in African buffalo. Ecology 2005; 86: 2258–2264.
9. MH Woodford . Tuberculosis in wildlife in the Ruwenzori National Park Uganda (part I). Tropical Animal Health and Production 1982; 14: 81–88.
G Kalema-Zikusoka ,
A preliminary investigation of tuberculosis and other diseases in African buffalo (Syncerus caffer) in Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda. Onderstepoort Journal of Veterinary Research
2005; 72: 145–151.
11. S Cleaveland , Tuberculosis in Tanzanian wildlife. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 2005; 41: 446–453.
B Lankford ,
Entrenched views or insufficient science?: Contested causes and solutions of water allocation; insights from the Great Ruaha River Basin, Tanzania. Agricultural Water Management
2004; 69: 135–153.
T Franks , BA Lankford , M Mdemu . Managing water amongst competing uses: the Usangu wetland in Tanzania. Irrigation and Drainage
2004; 53: 1–10.
15. JA Mazet , A ‘one health' approach to address emerging zoonoses: the HALI project in Tanzania. PLoS Medicine 2009; 6: e1000190.
RR Kazwala ,
Risk factors associated with the occurrence of bovine tuberculosis in cattle in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. Veterinary Research Communications
2001; 25: 609–614.
B Watt , A Rayner , G Harris . Modern methods in mycobacteriology. Reviews in Medical Microbiology
1993; 4: 97–105.
S Wilton , D Cousins . Detection and identification of multiple mycobacterial pathogens by DNA amplification in a single tube. PCR Methods and Applications
1992; 1: 269–273.
23. RR Kazwala , The molecular epidemiology of Mycobacterium bovis infections in Tanzania. Veterinary Microbiology 2006; 112: 201–210.
DL Whipple ,
Comparison of purified protein derivatives and effect of skin testing on results of a commercial gamma interferon assay for diagnosis of tuberculosis in cattle. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation
2001; 13: 117–122.
25. AL Michel , Approaches towards optimising the gamma interferon assay for diagnosing Mycobacterium bovis infection in African buffalo (Syncerus caffer). Preventive Veterinary Medicine 2011; 98: 142–151.
26. M Kulldorff , N Nagarwalla . Spatial disease clusters: detection and inference. Statistics in Medicine 1995; 14: 799–810.
M Kulldorff . Prospective time periodic geographical disease surveillance using a scan statistic. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A
2001; 164: 61–72.
28. M Kulldorff , An elliptic spatial scan statistic. Statistics in Medicine 2006; 25: 3929–3943.
29. S Berg , African 2, a clonal complex of Mycobacterium bovis epidemiologically important in East Africa. Journal of Bacteriology 2011; 193: 670–678.
30. R Tarara , Tuberculosis in wild olive baboons, Papio cynocephalus anubis (Lesson), in Kenya. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 1985; 21: 137–140.
36. SM Schmitt , Bovine tuberculosis in Michigan wildlife and livestock. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 2002; 969: 262–268.