This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
C Bell , D Redelmeier . Mortality among patients admitted to hospitals on weekends as compared with weekdays. New England Journal of Medicine
2001; 345: 663–668.
M Mohammed ,
Weekend admission to hospital has a higher risk of death in the elective setting than in the emergency setting: a retrospective database study of national health service hospitals in England. BMC Health Services Research
2012; 12: 87.
4. M Gallerani , Higher mortality in patients hospitalized for acute aortic rupture or dissection during weekends. Journal of Vascular Surgery 2012; 55: 1247–1254.
NL de Groot ,
Admission time is associated with outcome of upper gastrointestinal bleeding: results of a multicentre prospective cohort study. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
2012; 36: 477–484.
6. M Goldacre . Acute bacterial meningitis in childhood: aspects of prehospital care in 687 cases. Archives of Disease in Childhood 1977; 52: 501–503.
G-M Chang , Y-C Tung . Factors associated with pneumonia outcomes: a nationwide population-based study over the 1997–2008 period. Journal of General Internal Medicine
2012; 27: 527–533.
8. J Marschall , Both host and pathogen factors predispose to Escherichia coli urinary-source bacteremia in hospitalized patients. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2012; 54: 1692–1698.
JW Warren ,
Guidelines for antimicrobial treatment of uncomplicated acute bacterial cystitis and acute pyelonephritis in women. Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA). Clinical Infectious Diseases
1999; 29: 745–758.
10. KB Laupland . Admission to hospital with community-onset bloodstream infection during the ‘after hours’ is not associated with an increased risk for death. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Disease 2010; 42: 862–865.
11. A Ginde , SH Rhee , ED Katz . Predictors of outcome in geriatric patients with urinary tract infections. Journal of Emergency Medicine 2004; 27: 101–108.
P Peduzzi . A simulation study of the number of events per variable in logistic regression analysis. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
1996; 49: 1373–1379.
E Vittinghoff , CE McCulloch . Relaxing the rule of ten events per variable in logistic and Cox regression. American Journal of Epidemiology
2007; 165: 710–718.