This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. BE Kreger , DE Craven , PC Carting , WR McCabe . Gram-negative bacteremia, III: reassessment of etiology, epidemiology and ecology in 612 patients. Am J Med 1980;68:332–343.
2. K Steel , PM Gertman , C Crescenzi , J Anderson . Iatrogenic illness on a general medical service at a university hospital. N Engl J Med 1981;304:638–642.
3. S Saint . Clinical and economic consequences of nosocomial catheter-related bacteriuria. Am J Infect Control 2000;28:68–75.
LG Burman , B Fryklund , B Nystrom . Use of indwelling urinary tract catheters in Swedish hospitals. Infect Control
7. P Jain , JP Parada , A David , LG Smith . Overuse of die indwelling urinary tract catheter in hospitalized medical patients. Arch Intern Med 1995;155:1425–1429.
8. KR Marron , H Fillit , M Peskowitz , FA Silverstone . The nonuse of urethral catheterization in me management of urinary incontinence in the teaching nursing home. J Am Geriatr Soc 1983;31:278–281.
9. A Brandberg , S Seeberg , G Bergstrom , P Nordqvist . Reducing the number of nosocomial gram-negative strains by using high absorbing pads as an alternative to indwelling catheters in long-term care—a preliminary study. J Hosp Infect 1980;1:245–250.
10. PA Tambyah . DG Maki . Catheter-associated urinary tract infection is rarely symptomatic: a prospective study of 1,497 catheterized patients. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:678–682.