This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. D Eibach , JS Casalegno , M Bouscambert , et al. Routes of transmission during a nosocomial influenza A(H3N2) outbreak among geriatric patients and healthcare workers. J Hosp Infect 2014;86:188–193.
2. M Jonges , J Rahamat-Langendoen , A Meijer , HG Niesters , M Koopmans . Sequence-based identification and characterization of nosocomial influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 virus infections. J Hosp Infect 2012;82:187–193.
4. B Rodriguez-Sanchez , M Alonso , P Catalan , et al. Genotyping of a nosocomial outbreak of pandemic influenza A/H1N1 2009. J Clin Virol 2011;52:129–132.
5. BC Wong , N Lee , Y Li , et al. Possible role of aerosol transmission in a hospital outbreak of influenza. Clin Infect Dis 2010;51:1176–1183.
6. A Barrat , C Cattuto , AE Tozzi , P Vanhems , N Voirin . Measuring contact patterns with wearable sensors: methods, data characteristics and applications to data-driven simulations of infectious diseases. Clin Microbiol Infect 2014;20:10–16.
8. C Cattuto , W Van den Broeck , A Barrat , V Colizza , JF Pinton , A Vespignani . Dynamics of person-to-person interactions from distributed RFID sensor networks. PLoS One 2010;5:e11596.
9. L Isella , M Romano , A Barrat , et al. Close encounters in a pediatric ward: measuring face-to-face proximity and mixing patterns with wearable sensors. PLoS One 2011;6:e17144.
10. J Stehle , N Voirin , A Barrat , et al. Simulation of an SEIR infectious disease model on the dynamic contact network of conference attendees. BMC Med 2011;9:87.
11. J Stehle , N Voirin , A Barrat , et al. High-resolution measurements of face-to-face contact patterns in a primary school. PLoS One 2011;6:e23176.
12. P Vanhems , A Barrat , C Cattuto , et al. Estimating potential infection transmission routes in hospital wards using wearable proximity sensors. PLoS One 2013;8:e73970.
13. AS Monto , S Gravenstein , M Elliott , M Colopy , J Schweinle . Clinical signs and symptoms predicting influenza infection. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:3243–3247.
14. F Carrat , E Vergu , NM Ferguson , et al. Time lines of infection and disease in human influenza: a review of volunteer challenge studies. Am J Epidemiol 2008;167:775–785.
17. H Bernard , R Fischer , RT Mikolajczyk , M Kretzschmar , M Wildner . Nurses’ contacts and potential for infectious disease transmission. Emerg Infect Dis 2009;15:1438–1444.
18. DE Curtis , CS Hlady , G Kanade , SV Pemmaraju , PM Polgreen , AM Segre . Healthcare worker contact networks and the prevention of hospital-acquired infections. PLoS One 2013;8:e79906.
20. T Hornbeck , D Naylor , AM Segre , G Thomas , T Herman , PM Polgreen . Using sensor networks to study the effect of peripatetic healthcare workers on the spread of hospital-associated infections. J Infect Dis 2012;206:1549–1557.
22. JD Siegel , E Rhinehart , M Jackson , L Chiarello . 2007 Guideline for Isolation Precautions: Preventing Transmission of Infectious Agents in Health Care Settings. Am J Infect Control 2007;35:S65–S164.
23. S Funk , E Gilad , C Watkins , VA Jansen . The spread of awareness and its impact on epidemic outbreaks. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2009;106:6872–6877.
24. S Funk , M Salathe , VA Jansen . Modelling the influence of human behaviour on the spread of infectious diseases: a review. J R Soc Interface 2010;7:1247–1256.
25. G Brankston , L Gitterman , Z Hirji , C Lemieux , M Gardam . Transmission of influenza A in human beings. Lancet Infect Dis 2007;7:257–265.
26. B Killingley , JE Enstone , J Greatorex , et al. Use of a human influenza challenge model to assess person-to-person transmission: proof-of-concept study. J Infect Dis 2012;205:35–43.
27. P Vanhems , N Voirin , S Roche , et al. Risk of influenza-like illness in an acute health care setting during community influenza epidemics in 2004–2005, 2005–2006, and 2006–2007: a prospective study. Arch Intern Med 2011;171:151–157.
28. S Cauchemez , A Bhattarai , TL Marchbanks , et al. Role of social networks in shaping disease transmission during a community outbreak of 2009 H1N1 pandemic influenza. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2011;108:2825–2830.
29. JL Gardy , JC Johnston , SJ Ho Sui , et al. Whole-genome sequencing and social-network analysis of a tuberculosis outbreak. N Engl J Med 2011;364:730–739.