This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. NP O'Grady , M Alexander , LA Burns , et al.Guidelines for the prevention of intravascular catheter-related infections. Clin Infect Dis 2011;52(9):e162–e93.
4. SL Krein , CP Kowalski , TP Hofer , S Saint . Preventing hospital-acquired infections: a national survey of practices reported by U.S. hospitals in 2005 and 2009. J Gen Intern Med 2012;27(7): 773–779.
5. S Saint , CP Kowalski , SR Kaufman , et al.Preventing hospital-acquired urinary tract infection in the United States: a national study. Clin Infect Dis 2008;46(2):243–250.
7. R Pickard , T Lam , G MacLennan , et al.Antimicrobial catheters for reduction of symptomatic urinary tract infection in adults requiring short-term catheterisation in hospital: a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2012;380(9857):1927–1935.
8. MH Kollef , B Afessa , A Anzueto , et al.Silver-coated endotracheal tubes and incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia: the NASCENT randomized trial. JAMA 2008;300(7):805–813.
9. LI Damschroder , J Banaszak-Holl , CP Kowalski , J Forman , S Saint , SL Krein . The role of the champion in infection prevention: results from a multisite qualitative study. Qual Saf Health Care 2009;18(6):434–440.