This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. RS Namba , Y Chen , EW Paxton , T Slipchenko , DC Fithian . Outcomes of routine use of antibiotic-loaded cement in primary total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplast 2009;24(suppl 6):44–47.
2. S Barnes , C Salemi , D Fithian , et al.An enhanced benchmark for prosthetic joint replacement infection rates. Am J Infect Control 2006;34(10):669–672.
3. JR Lentino . Prosthetic joint infections: bane of orthopedists, challenge for infectious disease specialists Clin Infect Dis 2003;36(91):1157–1161.
5. Y Babkin , D Raveh , M Lifschitz , et al.Incidence and risk factors for surgical infection after total knee replacement. Scand J Infect Dis 2007;39(10):890–895.
6. KJ Bozic , MD Ries . The impact of infection after total hip arthroplasty on hospital and surgeon resource utilization. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2005;87(8):1746–1751.
8. CK Hebert , RE Williams , RS Levy , RL Barrack . Cost of treating an infected total knee replacement. Clin Orthop Relat Res 1996(331):140–145.
13. EM Ferraz , AA Ferraz , HS Coelho , et al.Postdischarge surveillance for nosocomial wound infection: does judicious monitoring find cases? Am J Infect Control 1995;23(5):290–294.
14. K Huotari , N Agthe , O Lyytikainen . Validation of surgical site infection surveillance in orthopedic procedures. Am J Infect Control 2007;35(4):216–221.
15. HL Cadwallader , M Toohey , S Linton , A Dyson , TV Riley . A comparison of two methods for identifying surgical site infections following orthopaedic surgery. J Hosp Infect 2001;48(4):261–266.
16. C Baker , J Luce , C Chenoweth , C Friedman . Comparison of case-finding methodologies for endometritis after cesarean section. Am J Infect Control 1995;23(1):27–33.
17. LR Hirschhorn , JS Currier , R Platt . Electronic surveillance of antibiotic exposure and coded discharge diagnoses as indicators of postoperative infection and other quality assurance measures. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1993;14(1):21–28.
20. KB Stevenson , Y Khan , J Dickman , et al.Administrative coding data, compared with CDC/NHSN criteria, are poor indicators of health care-associated infections. Am J Infect Control 2008;36(3):155–164.
22. MA Jhung , SN Banerjee . Administrative coding data and health care-associated infections. Clin Infect Dis 2009;49(6):949–955.
23. NM Patkar , JR Curtis , GG Teng , et al.Administrative codes combined with medical records based criteria accurately identified bacterial infections among rheumatoid arthritis patients. J Clin Epidemiol 2009;62(3):321–327, 7:el-e7.
24. TC Horan , M Andrus , MA Dudeck . CDC/NHSN surveillance definition of health care-associated infection and criteria for specific types of infections in the acute care setting. Am J Infect Control 2008;36(5):309–332.
26. EW Paxton , MC Inacio , M Khatod , EJ Yue , RS Namba . Kaiser Permanente National Total Joint Replacement Registry: aligning operations with information technology. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2010;468(10):2646–2663.
27. KL Ong , SM Kurtz , E Lau , KJ Bozic , DJ Berry , J Parvizi . Prosthetic joint infection risk after total hip arthroplasty in the Medicare population. J Arthroplast 2009;24(suppl 6):105–109.
32. MK Bolon , D Hooper , KB Stevenson , et al.Improved surveillance for surgical site infections after orthopedic implantation procedures: extending applications for automated data. Clin Infect Dis 2009;48(9):1223–1229.
33. J Leal , KB Laupland . Validity of electronic surveillance systems: a systematic review. J Hosp Infect 2008;69(3):220–229.