2. JM Boyce , NL Havill , JA Otter , NM Adams . Widespread environmental contamination associated with patients with diarrhea and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization of the gastrointestinal tract. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2007;28:1142–1147.
4. JM Boyce , NL Havill , DG Dumigan , M Golebiewski , O Balogun , R Rizvani . Monitoring the effectiveness of hospital cleaning practices by use of an adenosine triphosphate bioluminescence assay. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2009;30:678–684.
5. T Lewis , C Griffith , M Gallo , M Weinbren . A modified ATP benchmark for evaluating the cleaning of some hospital environmental surfaces. J Hosp Infect 2008;69:156–163.
6. A Lundin . Use of firefly luciferase in ATP-related assays of bio-mass, enzymes, and metabolites. Methods Enzymol 2000;305:346–370.
8. JA Poulis , M de Pijper , DA Mossel , PP Dekkers . Assessment of cleaning and disinfection in the food industry with the rapid ATP-bioluminescence technique combined with the tissue fluid contamination test and a conventional microbiological method. Int J Food Microbiol 1993;20:109–116.
9. SJ Dancer . How do we assess hospital cleaning? a proposal for microbiological standards for surface hygiene in hospitals. J Hosp Infect 2004;56:10–15.
10. G Moore , C Griffith . A comparison of traditional and recendy developed methods for monitoring surface hygiene within the food industry: an industry trial. Int J Environ Health Res 2002;12:317.