This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. J Taylor , KM Lai , M Davies , D Clifton , I Ridley , P Biddulph . Flood management: prediction of microbial contamination in large-scale floods in urban environments. Environ Int 2011;37:1019–1029.
4. DN Barbeau , LF Grimsley , LE White , JM El-Dahr , M Lichtveld . Mold exposure and health effects following hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Annu Rev Public Health 2010;31:165–178.
5. LC Ivers , ET Ryan . Infectious diseases of severe weather-related and flood-related natural disasters. Curr Opin Infect Dis 2006;19:408–414.
7. E Euripidou , V Murray . Public health impacts of floods and chemical contamination. J Public Health (Oxf) 2004;26:376–383.
8. JC Hunt . Flood in a changing climate: a review. Philos Transanct A Math Phys Eng Sci 2002;360:1531–1543.
9. P Bubeck , WJ Botzen , JC Aerts . A review of risk perceptions and other factors that influence flood mitigation behavior. Risk Anal 2012;32(9):1481–1495.
11. H Black . Unnatural disaster: human factors in the Mississippi floods. Environ Health Perspect 2008;116:A390-A393.
17. RK Bush , JM Portnoy , A Saxon , AI Terr , RA Wood . The medical effects of mold exposure. J Clin Immunol 2006;117:326–333.
18. AP Knutsen , RK Bush , JG Demain , et al. Fungi and allergic lower respiratory tract diseases. J Clin Immunol 2012; 129: 280–291.
28. E Kujundzic , F Matalkah , CJ Howard , M Hernandez , SL Miller . UV air cleaners and upper-room air ultraviolet germicidal irradiation for controlling airborne bacteria and fungal spores. J Occup Environ Hyg 2006;3:536–546.
34. IK Kouadio , S Aljunid , T Kamigaki , K Hammad , H Oshitani . Infectious diseases following natural disasters: prevention and control measures. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 2012;10:95–104.
36. A Apisarnthanarak , T Khawcharoenporn , LM Mundy . Flood-associated melioidosis in a non-endemic region of Thailand. Int J Infect Dis 2012;16:e409–e410.
37. A Apisarnthanarak , T Khawcharoenporn , K Thongphubeth , et al. Post-flood pseudofungemia due to Penicillium species. Clin Infect Dis 2012;55:e9–e11.
39. T Peláez , P Munoz , J Guinea , et al. Outbreak of invasive aspergillosis after major heart surgery caused by spores in the air of the intensive care unit. Clin Infect Dis 2012;54:e24–e31.
43. A Apisarnthanarak , H Li Yang , DK Warren . Termination of an extreme-drug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii outbreak in a hospital after flooding: lessons learned. Clin Infect Dis 2012;55:1589–1590.
46. A Apisarnthanarak , T Khawcharoenporn , K Woeltje , DK Warren . Hospital flood preparedness: a survey of 15 provinces in central Thailand. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2012;33:953–954.