This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JM Boyce , D Pittet . Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee; HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force. Guideline for hand hygiene in health-care settings. Recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HIPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force. Am J Infect Control 2002;30: S1–S46.
, . . ;:–.3. A Voss AF Widmer No time for handwashing!? Handwashing versus alcoholic rub: can w. afford 100% compliance Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1997 18 205208
4. D Pittet , S Hugonnet , S Harbarth . Infection Control Programme. Effectiveness of a hospital-wide programme to improve compliance with hand antisepsis (published correction appears i. Lancet 2000;356:2196). Lancet 2000;356:1307-1312.
5. WE Bischoff , TM Reynolds , CN Sessler , MB Edmond , RP Wenzel . Handwashing compliance b. health care workers: the impact of introducing an accessible, alcohol-based hand antiseptic. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:1017–1021.
6. AR Marra , C DArco , B de Arruda Bravim , et al. Controlled trial measuring the effect of a feedback intervention of hand hygiene compliance in a step-down unit. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2008;29:730–735.
9. DR Marsh , DG Schroeder , KA Dearden , J Sternin , M Sternin . The power of positive deviance. BMJ 2004;329:1177–1179.
, , , , . . ;:). 1988;6:128-140.12. JS Garner WR Jarvis TB Emori TC Horan JM Hughes CDC definitions for nosocomial infections, 1988 (published correction appears i Am J Infect Control 1988 16 177Am J Infect Control
13. DR Miranda , R Nap , A de Rijk , W Schaufeli , G Iapichino . TISS Working Group. Nursing activities score. Crit Care Med 2003;31:374–382.
, , , . ;:–.14. MJ Bittner EC Rich PD Turner W Arnold Jr. Limited impact of sustained simple feedback based of soap and paper towel consumption of the frequency of hand washing in an adult intensive care unit Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2002 23 120126
17. ME Rupp , T Fitzgerald , S Puumala , et al. Prospective, controlled, crossover trial of alcohol-based hand gel in critical care units. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2008;29:8–15.
18. H Sax , B Allegranzi , I Uçkay , E Larson , J Boyce , D Pittet . ‘My five moments for hand hygiene’: a user-centred design approach to understand, train, monitor and report hand hygiene. J Hosp Infect 2007;67:9–21.
, , , , . . ;:–.19. AM Novoa T Pi-Sunyer M Sala E Molins X Castells Evaluation of hand hygiene adherence in a tertiary hospital Am J Infect Control 2007 35 676683
20. M Whitby , ML McLaws , K Slater , E Tong , B Johnson . Three successful interventions in health care workers that improve compliance with hand hygiene: is sustained replication possible? Am J Infect Control 2008;36:349–355.
21. A Gawande . On washing hands. N Engl J Med 2004;350:1283–1286.
, , . . ;:–.22. EL Larson D Quiros SX Lin Dissemination of the CDC's hand hygiene guideline and impact of infection rates Am J Infect Control 2007 35 666675
23. JR Edwards , KD Peterson , ML Andrus , et al; National Healthcare Safety Network Facilities. National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Report, data summary for 2006, issued June 2007. Am J Infect Control 2007;35:290–301.
24. WR Jarvis . Infection control and changing heath-care delivery systems. Emerg Infect Dis 2001;7:170–173.
25. DJ Weber , EE Sickbert-Bennett , V Brown , WA Rutala . Comparison of hospitalwide surveillance and targeted intensive care unit surveillance of healthcare-associated infections. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2007;28:1361–1366.
26. DJ Gould , J Chudleigh , NS Drey , D Moralejo . Measuring handwashing performance in health service audits and research studies. J Hosp Infect 2007;66:109–115.