This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. CA Weiss 3rd, CL Statz , RA Dahms , et al. Six years of surgical wound infection surveillance at a tertiary care center: review of the microbiologic and epidemiological aspects of 20,007 wounds. Arch Surg 1999; 134:1041–1048.
3. MM Olson , JT Lee Jr. Continuous, 10-year wound infection surveillance: results, advantages, and unanswered questions. Arch Surg 1990; 125:794–803.
4. PJ Cruse , R Foord . The epidemiology of wound infection: a 10-year prospective study of 62,939 wounds. Surg Clin North Am 1980; 60:27–40.
5. RL Smith , JK Bohl , ST McElearney , et al. Wound infection after elective colorectal resection. Ann Surg 2004; 239:599–605.
6.National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance (NNIS) System Report. Data summary from January 1992 through June 2003, issued August 2003. Am J Infect Control 2003; 31:481–498.
9. RE Condon , WJ Schulte , MA Malangoni , et al. Effectiveness of a surgical wound surveillance program. Arch Surg 1983; 118:303–307.
10. TH Holtz , RP Wenzel . Postdischarge surveillance for nosocomial wound infection: a brief review and commentary. Am J Infect Control 1992; 20:206–213.