This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JA Englund . Diagnosis and epidemiology of community-acquired respiratory virus infections in the immunocompromised host. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2001;7(suppl):2S–4S.
2. G Mlinaric-Galinovic , D Varda-Brkic . Nosocomial respiratory syncytial virus infections in children's wards. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 2000;37(4):237–246.
3. K Thorburn , S Kerr , N Taylor , HK van Saene . RSV outbreak in a paediatric intensive care unit. J Hosp Infect 2004;57(3):194–201.
4. AP Campbell , JW Chien , J Kuypers , et al.Respiratory virus pneumonia after hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT): associations between viral load in bronchoalveolar lavage samples, viral RNA detection in serum samples, and clinical outcomes of HCT. J Infect Dis 2010;201(9):1404–1413.
5. E Whimbey , JA Englund , RB Couch . Community respiratory virus infections in immunocompromised patients with cancer. Am J Med 1997;102(3A):10–18; discussion, 25–16.
6. AJ Peck , JA Englund , J Kuypers , et al.Respiratory virus infection among hematopoietic cell transplant recipients: evidence for asymptomatic parainfluenza virus infection. Blood 2007;110(5): 1681–1688.
7. AG Elder , B O'Donnell , EA McCruden , IS Symington , WF Carman . Incidence and recall of influenza in a cohort of Glasgow healthcare workers during the 1993–4 epidemic: results of serum testing and questionnaire. BMJ 1996;313(7067):1241–1242.
8. LL Lau , BJ Cowling , VJ Fang , et al.Viral shedding and clinical illness in naturally acquired influenza virus infections. J Infect Dis 2010;201(10):1509–1516.
10. F Carrat , E Vergu , NM Ferguson , et al.Time lines of infection and disease in human influenza: a review of volunteer challenge studies. Am J Epidemiol 2008;167(7):775–785.
12. E Widera , A Chang , HL Chen . Presenteeism: a public health hazard. J Gen Intern Med 2010;25(11):1244–1247.
13. EO Rosvold , E Bjertness . Physicians who do not take sick leave: hazardous heroes? Scand J Public Health 2001;29(1):71–75.
14. SA Letvak , CJ Ruhm , SN Gupta . Original research: nurses' presenteeism and its effects on self-reported quality of care and costs. Am J Nurs 2012;112(2):30–38.
15. AB Jena , DC Baldwin Jr SR Daugherty , DO Meltzer , VM Arora . Presenteeism among resident physicians. JAMA 2010;304(11): 1166–1168.
16. MR Perkin , A Higton , M Witcomb . Do junior doctors take sick leave? Occup Environ Med 2003;60(9):699–700.
17. N Bellei , E Carraro , AH Perosa , D Benfica , CF Granato . Influenza and rhinovirus infections among health-care workers. Respirology 2007;12(1):100–103.
18. WH Self , CG Grijalva , Y Zhu , et al.Emergency department visits for influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, Davidson County, Tennessee, USA. Emerg Infect Dis 2012;18(5):863–865.
19. JA Wilde , JA McMillan , J Serwint , J Butta , MA O'Riordan , MC Steinhoff . Effectiveness of influenza vaccine in health care professionals: a randomized trial. JAMA 1999;281(10):908–913.
20. WM Lee , K Grindle , T Pappas , et al.High-throughput, sensitive, and accurate multiplex PCR-microsphere flow cytometry system for large-scale comprehensive detection of respiratory viruses. J Clin Microbiol 2007;45(8):2626–2634.
21. JP Olenec , WK Kim , WM Lee , et al.Weekly monitoring of children with asthma for infections and illness during common cold seasons. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2010;125(5):1001–1006.
23. AL Frank , LH Taber , CR Wells , JM Wells , WP Glezen , A Paredes . Patterns of shedding of myxoviruses and paramyxoviruses in children. J Infect Dis 1981;144(5):433–441.
24. PA Harris , R Taylor , R Thielke , J Payne , N Gonzalez , JG Conde . Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support. J Biomed Inform 2009;42(2):377–381.
26. MG Ison , FG Hayden , L Kaiser , L Corey , M Boeckh . Rhinovirus infections in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients with pneumonia. Clin Infect Dis 2003;36(9):1139–1143.
27. S Ghosh , R Champlin , R Couch , et al.Rhinovirus infections in myelosuppressed adult blood and marrow transplant recipients. Clin Infect Dis 1999;29(3):528–532.
28. Z Wang , AP Malanoski , B Lin , et al.Broad spectrum respiratory pathogen analysis of throat swabs from military recruits reveals interference between rhinoviruses and adenoviruses. Microbiol Ecol 2010;59(4):623–634.
29. EK Miller , JV Williams , T Gebretsadik , et al.Host and viral factors associated with severity of human rhinovirus-associated infant respiratory tract illness. J Allerg Clin Immunol 2011;127(4):883–891.
30. JH Kreijtz , RA Fouchier , GF Rimmelzwaan . Immune responses to influenza virus infection. Virus Res 2011;162(1–2):19–30.