This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
6. C Bergeron , JG Breugelmans , S Bouee , Cervical cancer screening and associated treatment costs in France. Gynecol Obstet Fertil. 2006;34:1036–1042.
7. L Bonneux , E Birnie . The discount rate in the economic evaluation of prevention: A thought experiment. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2001;55:123–125.
8. JM Bos , MJ Postma , L Annemans . Discounting health effects in pharmacoeconomic evaluations: Current controversies. Pharmacoeconomics. 2005;23:639–649.
9. F Bray , R Sankila , J Ferlay , Estimates of cancer incidence and mortality in Europe in 1995. Eur J Cancer. 2002;38:99–166.
10. K Canfell , R Barnabas , J Patnick , The predicted effect of changes in cervical screening practice in the UK: Results from a modelling study. Br J Cancer. 2004;91:530–536.
11. GM Clifford , RK Rana , Franceschi S, et al. Human papillomavirus genotype distribution in low-grade cervical lesions: Comparison by geographic region and with cervical cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005;14:1157–1164.
12. GM Clifford , JS Smith , T Aguado , Comparison of HPV type distribution in high-grade cervical lesions and cervical cancer: A meta-analysis. Br J Cancer. 2003;89:101–105.
14. EJ Dasbach , EH Elbasha , RP Insinga . Mathematical models for predicting the epidemiologic and economic impact of vaccination against human papillomavirus infection and disease. Epidemiol Rev. 2006;28:88–100.
15. EH Elbasha , EJ Dasbach , RP Insinga . Model for assessing human papillomavirus vaccination strategies. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:28–41.
20. SM Garland , M Hernandez-Avila , CM Wheeler , Quadrivalent vaccine against Human papillomavirus to prevent anogenital diseases. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:1928–1943.
21. SJ Goldie , M Kohli , D Grima , Projected clinical benefits and cost-effectiveness of a human papillomavirus 16/18 vaccine. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004;96:604–615.
23. J Karnon , J Peters , J Platt , Liquid-based cytology in cervical screening: An updated rapid and systematic review and economic analysis. Health Technol Assess. 2004;8:iii, 1-iii,78.
24. L Koutsky . Epidemiology of genital human papillomavirus infection. Am J Med. 1997;102:3–8.
25. SL Kulasingam , ER Myers . Potential health and economic impact of adding a human papillomavirus vaccine to screening programs. JAMA. 2003;290:781–789.
33. MF Mitchell , D Schottenfeld , G Tortolero-Luna , Colposcopy for the diagnosis of squamous intraepithelial lesions: A meta-analysis. Obstet Gynecol. 1998;91:626–631.
35. N Mubiayi , E Bogaert , F Boman , Cytological history of 148 women presenting with invasive cervical cancer. Gynecol Obstet Fertil. 2002;30:210–217.
37. ER Myers , DC McCrory , K Nanda , Mathematical model for the natural history of human papillomavirus infection and cervical carcinogenesis. Am J Epidemiol. 2000;151:1158–1171.
38. K Nanda , DC McCrory , ER Myers , Accuracy of the Papanicolaou test in screening for and follow-up of cervical cytologic abnormalities: A systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2000;132:810–819.
40. SE Olsson , LL Villa , RLR Costa , Induction of immune memory following administration of a prophylactic quadrivalent human papillomavirus (HPV) types 6/11/16/18 L1 virus-like particle (VLP) vaccine. Vaccine. 2007;25:4931–4939.
41. SR Pagliusi . Efficacy and other milestones for human papillomavirus vaccine introduction. Vaccine. 2004;23:569–578.
45. GD Sanders , AV Taira . Cost-effectiveness of a potential vaccine for human papillomavirus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:37–48.
46.The FUTURE II Study Group. Quadrivalent vaccine against human papillomavirus to prevent high-grade cervical lesions. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:1915–1927.
47. N Van de Velde , M Brisson , MC Boily . Modeling human papillomavirus vaccine effectiveness: Quantifying the impact of parameter uncertainty. Am J Epidemiol. 2007;165:762–775.
48. LL Villa , RL Costa , C Petta , High sustained efficacy of a prophylactic quadrivalent human papillomavirus types 6/11/16/18 L1 virus-like particle vaccine through 5 years of follow-up. Br J Cancer. 2006;95:1459–1466.
50. JM Walboomers , MV Jacobs , MM Manos , Human papillomavirus is a necessary cause of invasive cervical cancer worldwide. J Pathol. 1999;189:12–19.