This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. JS Mandel , TR Church , JH Bond , et al.The effect of fecel occult-blood screening on the incidence of colorectal cancer. N Engl J Med. 2000;343:1603–1607.
4. G Salkeld , G Young , L Irwig , M Haas , P Glasziou . Cost-effectiveness analysis of screening by faecal occult blood testing for colorectal cancer in Australia. Aust N Z J Public Health. 1996;20:138–143.
8. SR Cole , A Smith , C Wilson , et al.An advance notification letter increases participation in colorectal cancer screening. J Med Screen. 2007;14:73–75.
9. JK Lee , EJ Groessl , TG Ganiats , SB Ho . Cost-effectiveness of a mailed educational reminder to increase colorectal cancer screening. BMC Gastroenterol. 2011;11:93.
10. TD Sequist , C Franz , JZ Ayanian . Cost-effectiveness of patient mailings to promote colorectal cancer screening. Med Care. 2010;48:553–557.
11. BA O'Leary , JK Olynyk , AM Neville , CF Platell . Cost-effectiveness of colorectal cancer screening: Comparison of community-based flexible sigmoidoscopy with fecal occult blood testing and colonoscopy. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2004;19:38–47.
13. DA Lieberman , DG Weiss , JH Bond , et al.Use of colonoscopy to screen asymptomatic adults for colorectal cancer. Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study Group 380. N Engl J Med. 2000;343:162–168.
15. TJ Mapp , JD Hardcastle , SM Moss , MH Robinson . Survival of patients with colorectal cancer diagnosed in a randomized controlled trial of faecal occult blood screening. Br J Surg. 1999;86:1286–1291.
16. MH Robinson , JD Hardcastle , SM Moss , et al.The risks of screening: Data from the Nottingham randomised controlled trial of faecal occult blood screening for colorectal cancer. Gut. 1999;45:588–592.
19. F Loeve , ML Brown , R Boer , et al.Endoscopic colorectal cancer screening: A cost-saving analysis. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000;92:557–563.
20. H Brenner , L Altenhofen , A Katalinic , I Lansdorp-Vogelaar , M Hoffmeister . Sojourn time of preclinical colorectal cancer by sex and age: Estimates from the German National Screening Colonoscopy Database. Am J Epidemiol. 2011;174:1140–1146.
22. MA Parker , MH Robinson , JH Scholefield , JD Hardcastle . Psychiatric morbidity and screening for colorectal cancer. J Med Screen. 2002;9:7–10.
37. A Smith , GP Young , SR Cole , P Bampton . Comparison of a brush-sampling fecal immunochemical test for hemoglobin with a sensitive guaiac-based fecal occult blood test in detection of colorectal neoplasia. Cancer. 2006;107:2152–2159.
28. B George , A Harris , A Mitchell . Cost-effectiveness analysis and the consistency of decision making: Evidence from pharmaceutical reimbursement in Australia (1991 to 1996). Pharmacoeconomics. 2001;19:1103–1109.
29. JM Lane , E Chow , GP Young , N Good . Immunochemical testing in a colonoscopic surveillance program speeds detection of colorectal neoplasia. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:1918–1926.
30. K Howard , G Salkeld , L Irwig , BA Adelstein . High participation rates are not necessary for cost-effective colorectal cancer screening. J Med Screen. 2005;12:96–102.
31. J King , G Fairbrother , C Thompson , DL Morris . Colorectal cancer screening: Optimal compliance with postal faecal occult blood test. Aust N Z J Surg. 1992;62:714–719.
32. TN Chirikos , LK Chistman , BS Seft Hunter , MD Roetzheim . Cost-effectiveness of an intervention to increase cancer screening in primary care settings. Prev Med. 2004;39:230–238.
33. WS Atkin , BC Morson , J Cuzick . Long-term risk of colorectal cancer after excision of rectosigmoid adenomas. N Engl J Med. 1992;326:658–662.
40. JA McLeish , VJ Thursfield , GG Giles . Survival from colorectal cancer in Victoria: 10-year follow up of the 1987 management survey. ANZ J Surg. 2002;72:352–356.