This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
8. HJ Boot , I Wallenburg , HE de Melker , Assessing the introduction of universal human papillomavirus vaccination for preadolescent girls in The Netherlands. Vaccine. 2007;25:6245–6256.
9. M Brisson , WJ Edmunds . Economic evaluation of vaccination programs: The impact of herd-immunity. Med Decis Making. 2003;23:76–82.
10. M Brisson , N Van de Velde , P De Wals , M-C Boily . The potential cost-effectiveness of prophylactic human papillomavirus vaccines in Canada. Vaccine. 2007;25:5399–5408.
12. HW Chesson , DU Ekwueme , M Saraiya , LE Markowitz . Cost-effectiveness of human papillomavirus vaccination in the United States. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:244–251.
18. EH Elbasha , EJ Dasbach , RP Insinga . Model for assessing human papillomavirus vaccination strategies. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:28–41.
19. C Fraser , JE Tomassini , L Xi , Modeling the long-term antibody response of a human papillomavirus (HPV) virus-like particle (VLP) type 16 prophylactic vaccine. Vaccine. 2007;25:4324–4333.
20.Future II Study Group. Quadrivalent vaccine against human papillomavirus to prevent high-grade cervical lesions. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:1915–1927.
21. SM Garland , M Hernandez-Avila , CM Wheeler , Quadrivalent vaccine against human papillomavirus to prevent anogenital diseases. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:1928–1943.
22. SJ Goldie , M Kohli , D Grima , Projected clinical benefits and cost-effectiveness of a human papillomavirus 16/18 vaccine. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004;96:604–615.
23. DM Harper , EL Franco , C Wheeler , Efficacy of a bivalent L1 virus-like particle vaccine in prevention of infection with human papillomavirus types 16 and 18 in young women: A randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2004;364:1757–1765.
26. S Kulasingam , L Connelly , E Conway , A cost-effectiveness analysis of adding a human papillomavirus vaccine to the Australian National Cervical Cancer Screening Program. Sex Health. 2007;4:165–175.
27. SL Kulasingam , ER Myers . Potential health and economic impact of adding a human papillomavirus vaccine to screening programs. JAMA. 2003;290:781–789.
31. N Munoz , FX Bosch , X Castellsague , Against which human papillomavirus types shall we vaccinate and screen? The international perspective. Int J Cancer. 2004;111:278–285.
32. ER Myers , DC McCrory , K Nanda , L Bastian , DB Matchar . Mathematical model for the natural history of human papillomavirus infection and cervical carcinogenesis. Am J Epidemiol. 2000;151:1158–1171.
33. K Nanda , DC McCrory , ER Myers , Accuracy of the Papanicolaou test in screening for and follow-up of cervical cytologic abnormalities: A systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2000;132:810–819.
35. AT Newall , P Beutels , JG Wood , WJ Edmunds , CR MacIntyre . Cost-effectiveness analyses of human papillomavirus vaccination. Lancet Infect Dis. 2007;7:289–296.
36. GD Sanders , AV Taira . Cost-effectiveness of a potential vaccine for human papillomavirus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:37–48.
37. K Sigurdsson , F Taddeo , K Benediktsdottir , HPV genotypes in CIN 2–3 lesions and cervical cancer: A population-based study. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:2682–2687.
38. JS Smith , L Lindsay , B Hoots , Human papillomavirus type distribution in invasive cervical cancer and high-grade cervical lesions: A meta-analysis update. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:621–632.
40. AV Taira , CP Neukermans , GD Sanders . Evaluating human papillomavirus vaccination programs. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:1915–1923.
44. GJ van Oortmarssen , JD Habbema , M van Ballegooijen . Predicting mortality from cervical cancer after negative smear test results. BMJ. 1992;305:449–451.
45. LL Villa , RLR Costa , CA Petta , High sustained efficacy of a prophylactic quadrivalent human papillomavirus types 6/11/16/18 L1 virus-like particle vaccine through 5 years of follow-up. Br J Cancer. 2006;95:1459–1466.
46. CBJ Woodman , SI Collins , LS Young . The natural history of cervical HPV infection: Unresolved issues. Nat Rev Cancer. 2007;7:11–22.