This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. D Benatar , M Bondmass , J Ghitelman , B Avitall . Outcomes of chronic heart failure. Arch Intern Med. 2003;163:347–352.
2. RA Berger . Mini-incision total hip replacement using an anterolateral approach: Technique and results. Orthop Clin North Am. 2004;35:143–151.
3. E Biermann , W Dietrich , J Rihl , E Standl . Are there time and cost savings by using telemanagement for patients on intensified insulin therapy? A randomised, controlled trial. Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2002;69:137–146.
6. A Bundkirchen , RHG Schwinger . Epidemiology and economic burden of chronic heart failure. Eur Heart J Suppl. 2004;6:D57-D60.
10. HP Chase , JA Pearson , C Wightman , MD Roberts , AD Oderberg , SK Garg . Modem transmission of glucose values reduces the costs and need for clinic visits. Diabetes Care. 2003;26:1475–1479.
11. JC Cherry , TP Moffatt , C Rodriguez , K Dryden . Diabetes disease management program for an indigent population empowered by telemedicine technology. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2002;4:783–791.
12. KH Dansky , L Palmer , D Shea , KH Bowles . Cost analysis of telehomecare. Telemed J E Health. 2001;7:225–232.
13. RF DeBusk , NH Miller , KM Parker , Care management for low-risk patients with heart failure: A randomized, controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 2004;141:606–613.
19. E Farrero , J Escarrabill , E Prats , M Maderal , F Manresa . Impact of a hospital-based home-care program on the management of COPD patients receiving long-term oxygen therapy. Chest. 2001;119:364–369.
20. AD Galbreath , RA Krasuski , B Smith , Long-term healthcare and cost outcomes of disease management in a large, randomized, community-based population with heart failure. Circulation. 2004;110:3518–3526.
21. D Hailey , A Ohinmaa , R Roine . Study quality and evidence of benefit in recent assessments of telemedicine. J Telemed Telecare. 2004;10:318–324.
23. PA Heidenreich , CM Ruggerio , BM Massie . Effect of a home monitoring system on hospitalization and resource use for patients with heart failure. Am Heart J. 1999;138 (Pt 1):633–640.
25. AF Jerant , R Azari , TS Nesbitt . Reducing the cost of frequent hospital admissions for congestive heart failure: A randomized trial of a home telecare intervention. Med Care. 2001;39:1234–1245.
26. B Johnston , L Wheeler , J Deuser , KH Sousa . Outcomes of the Kaiser Permanente Tele-Home Health Research Project. Arch Fam Med. 2000;9:40–45.
27. AS Laramee , SK Levinsky , J Sargent , R Ross , P Callas . Case management in a heterogeneous congestive heart failure population: A randomized controlled trial. Arch Intern Med. 2003;163:809–817.
28. C Maiolo , EI Mohamed , CM Fiorani , A de Larenzo . Home telemonitoring for patients with severe respiratory illness: The Italian experience. J Telemed Telecare. 2003;9:67–71.
29. FS Mair , A Haycox , T Williams . A review of telemedicine cost-effectiveness studies. J Telemed Telecare. 2000;6 (Suppl 1):S38-S40.
30. JM Mason , RJ Young , JP New , Economic analysis of a telemedicine intervention to improve glycemic control in patients with diabetes mellitus: Illustration of a novel analytic method. Dis Manag Health Outcomes. 2006;14:377–385.
31. E McIntosh , J Cairns . A framework for the economic evaluation of telemedicine. J Telemed Telecare. 1997;3:132–139.
32. S Myers , RW Grant , NE Lugn , B Holbert , JC Kvedar . Impact of home-based monitoring on the care of patients with congestive heart failure. Home Health Care Manag Pract. 2006;18:444–451.
33. JJ Nobel , GK Norman . Emerging information management technologies and the future of disease management. Dis Manag. 2003;6:219–231.
35. G Pare , C Sicotte , D St-Jules , R Gauthier . Cost-minimization analysis of a telehomecare program for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Telemed J E Health. 2006;12:114–121.
38. B Riegel , B Carlson , D Glaser , T Romero . Randomized controlled trial of telephone case management in Hispanics of Mexican origin with heart failure. J Card Fail. 2006;12:211–219.
39. B Riegel , B Carlson , Z Kopp , B LePetri , D Glaser , A Unger . Effect of a standardized nurse case-management telephone intervention on resource use in patients with chronic heart failure. Arch Intern Med. 2002;162:705–712.
42. W Sanchez , GC Harewood , BT Petersen . Evaluation of polyp detection in relation to procedure time of screening or surveillance colonoscopy. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004;99:1941–1945.
43. BH Southard , DR Southard , J Nuckolls . Clinical trial of an Internet-based case management system for secondary prevention of heart disease. J Cardiopulm Rehabil. 2003;23:341–348.
44. J Vaccaro , J Cherry , A Harper , M O'Connell . Utilization reduction, cost savings, and return on investment for the PacifiCare Chronic Heart Failure Program, “Taking Charge of Your Heart Health”. Dis Manag. 2001;4:131–138.
45. PS Whitten , FS Mair , A Haycox , CR May , TL Williams , S Hellmich . Systematic review of cost effectiveness studies of telemedicine interventions. BMJ. 2002;324:1434–1437.