This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. S Birch , A Gafni . Information created to evade reality (ICER): Things we should not look to for answers. Pharmacoeconomics. 2006;24:1121–1131.
3. A Brennan , SE Chick , R Davies . A taxonomy of model structures for economic evaluation of health technologies. Health Econ. 2006;15:1295–1310.
5. N Devlin , D Parkin . Does NICE have a cost-effectiveness threshold and what other factors influence its decisions? A binary choice analysis. Health Econ. 2004;13:437–452.
7. MF Drummond , H Weatherly . Implementing the findings of health technology assessments. If the CAT got out of the bag, can the TAIL wag the dog? Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2000;16:1–12.
8. DM Eddy . Investigational treatments: How strict should we be? JAMA. 1997;278:179–185.
9. DM Eddy . Evidence-based medicine: A unified approach. Health Aff (Millwood). 2005;24:9–17.
10. EJ Emanuel , VR Fuchs , AM Garber . Essential elements of a technology and outcomes assessment initiative. JAMA. 2007;298:1323–1325.
13. AM Garber . Evidence-based coverage policy. Health Aff (Millwood). 2001;20:62–82.
14. LP Garrison , P Neumann , P Erickson , D Marshall , CD Mullins . Using real world data for coverage and payment decisions: The ISPOR real world task force report. Value Health. 2007;10:326–335.
15. B George , A Harris , A Mitchell . Cost-effectiveness analysis and the consistency of decision making: Evidence from pharmaceutical reimbursement in Australia (1991 to 1996). Pharmacoeconomics. 2001;19:1103–1109.
17. R Goeree , L Levin . Building bridges between academic research and policy formulation: The PRUFE framework-an integral part of Ontario's evidence-based HTPA process. Pharmacoeconomics. 2006;24:1143–1156.
19. S Griffin , K Claxton , N Hawkins , MJ Sculpher . Probabilistic analysis and computationally expensive models: Necessary and required? Value Health. 2006;9:244–252.
25. J Mauskopf , MF Drummond . Publication of pharmacoeconomic data submitted to reimbursement or clinical guidelines agencies (Editorial). Value Health. 2004;7:515–516.
29. PJ Neumann , SD Sullivan . Economic evaluation in the US: What is the missing link? Pharmacoeconomics. 2006;24:1163–8.
30. HZ Noorani , D Husereau , R Boudreau , B Skidmore . Priority setting for health technology assessments: a systematic review of current practical approaches. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2007;23:310–315.
32. MD Rawlins , AJ Culyer . National Institute of Clinical Excellence and its value judgments. BMJ. 2004;329:224–227.
34. DL Sackett , WM Rosenberg , JA Gray , RB Haynes , WS Richardson . Evidence based medicine: What it is and what it isn't. BMJ. 1996;312:71–72.
35. MJ Sculpher , MF Drummond . Analysis sans frontiers: Can we ever make economic evaluations generalisable across jurisdictions? Pharmacoeconomics. 2006;24:1087–1099.
36. TA Sheldon , N Cullum , D Dawson , What's the evidence that NICE guidance has been implemented? Results from a national evaluation using time series analysis, audit of patients’ notes and interviews. BMJ. 2004;329:999.
37. U Siebert . When should decision-analytic modeling be used in economic evaluation of health care? Eur J Health Econ. 2003;4:143–150.
38. EP Steinberg , S Tunis , D Shapiro . Insurance coverage for experimental technologies. Health Aff (Millwood). 1995;14:143–158.
40. SR Tunis . Reflections on science, judgment, and value in evidence-based decision making: A conversation with David Eddy. Health Aff (Millwood). 2007;26:w500–w515.
41. SR Tunis , SD Pearson . Coverage options for promising technologies: Medicare's ‘Coverage with evidence development’. Health Aff (Millwood). 2006;25:1218–1230.
42. SR Tunis , DB Stryer , CM Clancy . Practical clinical trials: Increasing the value of clinical research for decision making in clinical and health policy. JAMA. 2003;290:1624–1632.
43. GR Wilensky . Developing a center for comparative effectiveness information. Health Aff (Millwood). 2006;25:w572–w585.