1. Bensink M, Hailey D, Wootton R. A systematic review of successes and failures in home telemedicine: Preliminary results. J Telemed Telecare. 2006;12:8–16.
2. Brown N. State Medicaid and private payer reimbursement for telemedicine. An overview. J Telemed Telecare. 2006;12:32–39.
3. Gustke S, Balch D, West V, Rogers L. Patient satisfaction with telemedicine. Telemed J. 2000;6:5–13.
4. Hailey D, Ohinmaa A, Roine R. Study quality and evidence of benefit in recent assessments of telemedicine. J Telemed Telecare. 2004;10:318–324.
5. Hardy CB. Understanding organizations. London: Penguin Publishers; 1993.
6. Hersh WR, Hickam DH, Severance SM, et al. Telemedicine for the Medicare population: Update (Evidence Report/Technology Assessment No. 131). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2006.
8. Jennett P. Affleck Hall L, Hailey D, et al. The socio-economic impact of telemedicine: A system review. J Telemed Telecare. 2003;9:311–320.
9. Lehman WE, Greener JM, Simpson DD. Assessing organizational readiness for change. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2002;22:197–209.
10. Mair F, Whitten P. Systematic review of studies of patient satisfaction with telemedicine. Br Med J. 2000;320:1517–1520.
11. Rizzo JR, House RJ, Lirtzman SI. Role conflict and ambiguity in complex organizations. Adm Sci Q. 1970;15:150–163.
12. Shore J, Brooks E, Savin D, Manson S, Libby A. An economic evaluation of telemedicine data collection with rural populations. Psychiatr Serv. 2007;58:830–835.
13. Ventatesh V, Morris M, Davis G, Davis F. User acceptance of information technology: Toward a unified view. MISQ. 2003;27:425–478.
14. Weatherburn G, Dowie R, Hema H, Young T. An assessment of parental satisfaction with mode of delivery of specialist advice for paediatric cardiology: Face-to-face versus videoconference. J Telemed Telecare. 2006;12:57–59.
15. Whitten P, Buis L. Use of telemedicine for haemodialysis: Perceptions and health-care providers, and clinical effects. J Telemed Telecare. 2008;14:75–78.
16. Whitten P, Doolittle G, Mackert M. Providers’ acceptance of telehospice. J Palliat Med. 2005;8:730–735.
17. Whitten P, Holtz B. (2008). A series of papers for those yearning to propel telemedicine to new heights. Telemed J E Health. 2008;14:952–956.
18. Whitten P, Mair F, Haycox A, et al. Systematic review of cost-effectiveness studies of telemedicine interventions: Economic Benefits of new technology are assumed, rather than known. Br Med J. 2002;16:60–66.
19. Whitten P, Mylod D, Gavran G, Sypher H. “Most wired hospitals” rate patient satisfaction: Considering the roles of it as a variable in health care institution quality assessment. Commun ACM. 2008;51:96–102.