1. Ajayi IO, Browne EN, Garshong B, et al. Feasibility and acceptability of artemisinin-based combination therapy for the home management of malaria in four African sites. Malaria J. 2008;7:6.
2. Amin AA, Zurovac D, Kangwana BB, et al. The challenges of changing national malaria drug policy to artemisinin-based combinations in Kenya. Malaria J. 2007;6:72.
3. Belec L, Delmont J, Vesters I, et al. Emergence of multiresistant Plasmodium falciparum malaria in the Central African Republic. Presse Med. 1988,17;2090–2091.
4. Forsetlund L, Bjørndal A, Rashidian A, et al. Continuing education meetings and workshops. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009;2:CD003030.
5. Hopkins H, Talisuna A, Whitty CJ, et al. Impact of home-based management of malaria on health outcomes in Africa: A systematic review of the evidence. Malaria J. 2007,6:134.
6. Lagaarde M, Palmer N. Evidence from systematic reviews to inform decision making regarding financing mechanisms that improve access to health services for poor people. A policy brief prepared for the International Dialogue on Evidence-Informed Action to Achieve Health Goals in Developing Countries (IDEAHealth). Geneva: Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research, 2006. http://www.who.int/rpc/meetings/HealthFinancingBrief.pdf. (accessed April 15, 2009) 7. Lewin SA, Babigumira SM, Bosch-Capblanch X, et al. Lay health workers in primary and community health care: A systematic review of trials, 2006. www.who.int/rpc/meetings/LHW_review.pdf. (accessed April 15, 2009)
8. Menard D, Djalle D, Manirakiza A, et al. Drug-resistant malaria in Bangui, Central African Republic: An in vitro assessment. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2005;73:239–243.
9. Menard D, Madji N, Manirakiza A, et al. Efficacy of chloroquine, amodiaquine, sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine combination, and amodiaquine-sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine combination in Central African children with non complicated malaria. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2005;72:581–585.
10. Ministry of Health. National guidelines for case management of malaria in the Central African Republic. Bangui: Ministry of Health; March 2008.
11. Ministry of Public Health of the Population and AIDS Control. Strategic plan for malaria control 2007–2011. Bangui: Ministry of Public Health.
12. Ministry of Public Health of the Population and AIDS Control. National health development plan 2006–2015. Bangui: Ministry of Public Health.
13. Ministry of Public Health of the Population and AIDS Control. PECADOM consolidation plan. Bangui: Ministry of Public Health.
14. Ministry of Public Health of the Population and AIDS Control. PECADOM monitoring and evaluation plan. Bangui: Ministry of Public Health.
15. Ministry of Public Health of the Population and AIDS Control. Study of the health system and malaria in the Central African Republic; 2001. Bangui: Ministry of Public Health.
16. Patouillard E, Goodman CA, Hanson KG, Mills AJ. Can working with the private for-profit sector improve utilization of quality health services by the poor? A systematic review of the literature. Int J Equity Health. 2007;6:17.
17. United Nations Population Fund. Multiple indicator cluster survey 2006. New York: UNFPA; 2007.