1. Ajayi, IO, Browne, EN, Garshong, B, et al. Feasibility and acceptability of artemisinin-based combination therapy for the home management of malaria in four African sites. Malaria J. 2008;7:6.
2. Amin, AA, Zurovac, D, Kangwana, BB, et al. The challenges of changing national malaria drug policy to artemisinin-based combinations in Kenya. Malaria J. 2007;6:72.
3. Belec, L, Delmont, J, Vesters, I, et al. Emergence of multiresistant Plasmodium falciparum malaria in the Central African Republic. Presse Med. 1988,17;2090–2091.
4. Forsetlund, L, Bjørndal, A, Rashidian, A, et al. Continuing education meetings and workshops. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009;2:CD003030.
5. Hopkins, H, Talisuna, A, Whitty, CJ, et al. Impact of home-based management of malaria on health outcomes in Africa: A systematic review of the evidence. Malaria J. 2007,6:134.
6. Lagaarde, M, Palmer, N. Evidence from systematic reviews to inform decision making regarding financing mechanisms that improve access to health services for poor people. A policy brief prepared for the International Dialogue on Evidence-Informed Action to Achieve Health Goals in Developing Countries (IDEAHealth). Geneva: Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research, 2006. http://www.who.int/rpc/meetings/HealthFinancingBrief.pdf. (accessed April 15, 2009) 7. Lewin, SA, Babigumira, SM, Bosch-Capblanch, X, et al. Lay health workers in primary and community health care: A systematic review of trials, 2006. www.who.int/rpc/meetings/LHW_review.pdf. (accessed April 15, 2009)
8. Menard, D, Djalle, D, Manirakiza, A, et al. Drug-resistant malaria in Bangui, Central African Republic: An in vitro assessment. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2005;73:239–243.
9. Menard, D, Madji, N, Manirakiza, A, et al. Efficacy of chloroquine, amodiaquine, sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine combination, and amodiaquine-sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine combination in Central African children with non complicated malaria. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2005;72:581–585.
10. Ministry of Health. National guidelines for case management of malaria in the Central African Republic. Bangui: Ministry of Health; March 2008.
11. Ministry of Public Health of the Population and AIDS Control. Strategic plan for malaria control 2007–2011. Bangui: Ministry of Public Health.
12. Ministry of Public Health of the Population and AIDS Control. National health development plan 2006–2015. Bangui: Ministry of Public Health.
13. Ministry of Public Health of the Population and AIDS Control. PECADOM consolidation plan. Bangui: Ministry of Public Health.
14. Ministry of Public Health of the Population and AIDS Control. PECADOM monitoring and evaluation plan. Bangui: Ministry of Public Health.
15. Ministry of Public Health of the Population and AIDS Control. Study of the health system and malaria in the Central African Republic; 2001. Bangui: Ministry of Public Health.
16. Patouillard, E, Goodman, CA, Hanson, KG, Mills, AJ. Can working with the private for-profit sector improve utilization of quality health services by the poor? A systematic review of the literature. Int J Equity Health. 2007;6:17.
17. United Nations Population Fund. Multiple indicator cluster survey 2006. New York: UNFPA; 2007.