This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. M Barry , L Tilson . Recent developments in pricing and reimbursement of medicines in Ireland. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2007;7:605–611.
2.JE Brazier , J Roberts . Estimating a preference-based index from the SF-12. Med Care. 2004;42:851–859.
3.MK Campbell , DR Elbourne , DG Altman , CONSORT statement: Extension to cluster randomised trials. BMJ. 2004;328:702–708.
6. AM Clark , L Hartling , B Vandermeer , FA McAlister . Meta-analysis: Secondary prevention programs for patients with coronary artery disease. Ann Intern Med. 2005;143:659–672.
7. ME Cupples , MC Byrne , SM Smith , C Leathem , AW Murphy . Secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease in different primary healthcare systems, with and without pay-for-performance. Heart. 2008;94:1594–1600.
8.RB D'Agostino , M Russell , DM Huse , Primary and subsequent coronary risk appraisal: New results from The Framingham Study. Am Heart J. 2000;139:272–281.
9. G De Backer , E Ambrosioni , K Borch-Johnsen , European guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice. Eur Heart J. 2003;24:1601–1610.
14. K Johnston , A Gray , M Moher , Reporting the cost-effectiveness of interventions with nonsignificant effect differences: Example from the a trial of secondary prevention of heart disease. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2003;19:476–489.
15.E Ketola , T Laatikainen , E Vartianinen . Evaluating risk for cardiovascular diseases -vain or value? How do different cardiovascular risk scores act in real life. Eur J Public Health. 2010;20:107–112.
16. EA Lacey , SJ Walters . Continuing inequality: Gender and social class influences on self perceived health after a heart attack. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2003;57:622–627.
17. A Manca , N Hawkins , M Sculpher . Estimating mean QALYs in trial based cost effectiveness analysis: The importance of controlling for baseline utility. Health Econ. 2005;14:487–496.
18.AW Murphy , ME Cupples , S Smith , Secondary prevention of heart disease in general practice: A cluster randomised controlled trial of tailored practice and patient care plans. BMJ. 2009;339:b4220.
21. C O'Neill , C Normand , M Cupples , A McKnight . Cost effectiveness of personal health education in primary care for people with angina in the Greater Belfast area of Northern Ireland. J Epidemiol Community Health. 1996;50:538–540.
22.JP Raftery , GL Yao , P Murchie , NC Campbell , LD Ritchie . Cost effectiveness of nurse led secondary prevention clinics for coronary heart disease in primary care: Follow up of a randomised controlled trial. BMJ. 2005;330:707.
23.M Robinson , S Palmer , M Sculpher , Cost effectiveness of alternative strategies for the initial medical management of non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome: Systematic review and decision-analytical modelling. Health Technol Assess. 2005;9:iii-iv, ix-xi, 1–158.
24. DA Turner , SK Paul , M Stone , Cost-effectiveness of a disease management programme for secondary prevention of coronary heart disease and heart failure in primary care. Heart. 2008;94:1601–1606.
25.JE Ware , M Kosinski , SD Keller . A 12-item short-form health survey: Construction of scales and preliminary tests of reliability and validity. Med Care. 1996;34:220–233.