- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0020-8590 (Print), 1469-512X (Online)
- Editor: Aad Blok Internationaal Instituut voor Sociale Geschiedenis|Cruquiusweg 31|1019 AT Amsterdam|The Netherlands
- Editorial board
Latest research articles
Suggestions and Debates
- Connecting Brazil’s historical labour relations to the international Global Labour History debate
- 09 March 2018,
- Brazil, Latin America’s largest country in size and population, is known for its diversity in social and cultural matters. This also holds true for labour in...
- NFL tells players patriotism is more important than protest – here’s why that didn’t work during WWI
- 08 June 2018,
- The NFL is attempting to shut down protests like this one by members of the Cleveland Browns. AP Photo/David Richard Chad Williams, Brandeis University The recent decision by the NFL regarding player protests and the national anthem has yet again exposed the fraught relationship between African-Americans and patriotism.…...
- The Feminist Origins of the Midlife Crisis
- 17 May 2018,
- This article tells the history of the midlife crisis, for the first time. The term “midlife crisis” conjures up the image of an affluent, middle-aged man speeding...
- Mutual Tolerance, Vivid Intellectual Intercourse, and Accountable Decision Making: The Mission of the Central European University
- 20 April 2018,
- Part 3 from the introduction to the virtual special issue from Contemporary European History. We are accustomed to viewing 1989 as the end of state socialism.…...