- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0020-8590 (Print), 1469-512X (Online)
- Editor: Aad Blok Internationaal Instituut voor Sociale Geschiedenis|Cruquiusweg 31|1019 AT Amsterdam|The Netherlands
- Editorial board
Latest research articles
Suggestions and Debates
- Convict labour and penal transportations in the history of 19th and 20th centuries empires
- 31 July 2018,
- In public memory, the history of convict labour, penal transportations and colonization is mostly associated with a number of historical stereotypes: The origins...
- Connecting Brazil’s historical labour relations to the international Global Labour History debate
- 09 March 2018,
- Brazil, Latin America’s largest country in size and population, is known for its diversity in social and cultural matters. This also holds true for labour in...
- ‘…the Parliament’s Favourite’: Helen Arthur and the Williamite confiscation
- 14 January 2019,
- This blog accompanies Frances Nolan’s Irish Historical Studies article ‘‘The Cat’s Paw’: Helen Arthur, the act of resumption and The Popish pretenders...
- Reassessing the Hu–Wen Era: A Golden Era or a Lost Decade for Social Policy?
- 21 December 2018,
- Journalists, China-watchers and academics have fiercely debated the legacy of China’s leaders, Hu Jintao and Wen Jiabao. Some see the Hu–Wen period (2002–2012)...
- The Ancient Constitution and the Languages of Political Thought
- 04 December 2018,
- My essay explores the nature of the myth of the Ancient Constitution, its manifestations over three centuries, and its historical and conceptual difficulties....