- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0020-8590 (Print), 1469-512X (Online)
- Editor: Aad Blok Internationaal Instituut voor Sociale Geschiedenis|Cruquiusweg 31|1019 AT Amsterdam|The Netherlands
- Editorial board
Latest research articles
Suggestions and Debates
- Convict labour and penal transportations in the history of 19th and 20th centuries empires
- 31 July 2018,
- In public memory, the history of convict labour, penal transportations and colonization is mostly associated with a number of historical stereotypes: The origins...
- Connecting Brazil’s historical labour relations to the international Global Labour History debate
- 09 March 2018,
- Brazil, Latin America’s largest country in size and population, is known for its diversity in social and cultural matters. This also holds true for labour in...
- Talking by means of the calligraphy Brush
- 13 November 2018,
- This blog accompanies Rebekah Clements’ Historical Journal article Brush talk as the ‘lingua franca’ of diplomacy in Japanese–Korean encounters, c.…...
- What does peer review do?
- 09 November 2018,
- This blog accompanies the article The Royal Society and the Prehistory of Peer Review, 1665–1965 by Noah Moxham and Aileen Fyfe published in The Historical...
- When subjecthood and citizenship did not matter: the Royal Navy and foreign seamen in the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars
- 07 November 2018,
- This blog accompanies Sara Caputo’s Historical Journal article Alien Seamen in the British Navy, British Law, and the British State, C.…