- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0020-8590 (Print), 1469-512X (Online)
- Editor: Aad Blok Internationaal Instituut voor Sociale Geschiedenis|Cruquiusweg 31|1019 AT Amsterdam|The Netherlands
- Editorial board
Latest research articles
Suggestions and Debates
- Convict labour and penal transportations in the history of 19th and 20th centuries empires
- 31 July 2018,
- In public memory, the history of convict labour, penal transportations and colonization is mostly associated with a number of historical stereotypes: The origins...
- Connecting Brazil’s historical labour relations to the international Global Labour History debate
- 09 March 2018,
- Brazil, Latin America’s largest country in size and population, is known for its diversity in social and cultural matters. This also holds true for labour in...
- The Ancient Constitution and the Languages of Political Thought
- 04 December 2018,
- My essay explores the nature of the myth of the Ancient Constitution, its manifestations over three centuries, and its historical and conceptual difficulties....
- Science in History: From the Cold War to Trump
- 27 November 2018,
- This episode neatly captures the way in which Cold War politics framed much of the debate about the history of science in the twentieth century. My Retrospect...
- Male Anxiety and the English Landed Gentry 1700-1900
- 26 November 2018,
- Our article explores anxiety as a gendered emotion in a specific part of a social group across a long period of time: the anxieties of younger sons of the English...