3. S. Bates, A Church at War: Anglicans and Homosexuality (London: I. B. Tauris, 2004); A. Crockett and D. Voas, ‘A Matter of Attitude: Homosexuality and Divisions in the Church’, Modern Believing 45.3 (2004), pp. 23–31; R. Eames, The Windsor Report 2004 (London: The Lambeth Commission on Communion, 2004).
4. R. Butt, Church Divided: Women Bishops an Obstacle to Unity, Vatican Warns (London: The Guardian, 9 July 2008); R. Gledhill, Church of England Votes to Ordain Women Bishops (London: The Times, 8 July 2008).
5. I. Jones, Women and Priesthood in the Church of England: Ten Years On (London: Church House Publishing, 2004); F. Sani and S. Reicher, ‘Identity, Argument and Schism: Two Longitudinal Studies of the Split in the Church of England over the Ordination of Women to the Priesthood’, Group Processes & Intergroup Relations 2.3 (1999), pp. 279–300; F. Sani and S. Reicher, ‘Contested Identities and Schisms in Groups: Opposing the Ordination of Women as Priests in the Church of England’, British Journal of Social Psychology 39.1 (2000), pp. 95–112.
6. House of Bishops, Marriage in Church after Divorce (London: Church House Publishing, 2000); T. Woods, ‘Marriage after Divorce: The Challenge for the Church of England’, Islam and Christian–Muslim Relations 17.3 (2006), pp. 343–54.
7. Church of England, Something to Celebrate (London: Church House Publishing, 1995).
8. A. Dyson, ‘The Bishop of Durham and All That’, Modern Churchman 27.3 (1985), pp. 1, 2; Harrison, T., The Durham Phenomenon (London: Darton, Longman and Todd, 1985).
9. J. Bowden, Thirty Years of Honesty: Honest to God Then and Now (London: SCM, 1993); Robinson, J.A.T., Honest to God (London: SCM Press, 1963).
10. O. Chadwick, Hensley Henson: A Study in the Friction between Church and State (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1983).
11. Gore, C. (ed.), Lux Mundi. A Series of Studies in the Religion of the Incarnation (London: John Murray, 1889).
12. Hylson-Smith, K., Evangelicals in the Church of England 1734–1984 (Edinburgh: T & T Clark, 1989); K. Hylson-Smith, High Churchmanship in the Church of England from the Sixteenth Century to the Late Twentieth Century (Edinburgh: T & T Clark, 1993); P.B. Nockles, The Oxford Movement in Context: Anglican High Churchmanship, 1760–1857 (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1994); N. Scotland, Evangelical Anglicans in a Revolutionary Age, 1789–1901 (Carlisle: Paternoster, 2004).
13. Balleine, G.R., A History of the Evangelical Party in the Church of England (London: Church Bookroom Press, 1908).
14. Jones, T.E., The Broad Church: A Biography of a Movement (Lanham, Md: Lexington Books, 2003).
15. Scotland, N., ‘Evangelicalism and the Charismatic Movement (UK)’, in C.G. Bartholomew, R. Parry and A.V. West (eds.), The Futures of Evangelicalism: Issues and Prospects (Leicester: Inter-Varsity Press, 2003), pp. 271–301.
16. Bethmont, R., ‘Some Spiritually Significant Reasons for Gay Attraction to (Anglo-)Catholicism’, Theology and Sexuality 12.3 (2006), pp. 233–249; D. Hilliard, ‘Unenglish and Unmanly: Anglo-Catholicism and Homosexuality’, Victorian Studies 25.2 (1982), pp. 181–210.
17. Atherstone, A., ‘The Incoherence of the Anglican Communion’, Churchman 118.3 (2004), pp. 235–255; S.J. Hunt, ‘The Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement in Britain: Mobilization and Opposition’, Journal of Religion & Society 4.1 (2002), pp. 1–19; S.J. Hunt, ‘Alpha and the Gay Issue: A Lesson in Homophobia?’, Journal of Beliefs and Values 26.3 (2005), pp. 261–71.
18. Francis, L.J.Lankshear, D.W., ‘The Comparative Strength of Evangelical and Catholic Anglican Churches in England’, Journal of Empirical Theology 9.1 (1996), pp. 5–22; R. Manwaring, From Controversy to Co-Existence: Evangelicals in the Church of England, 1914–1980 (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1985).
19. Francis, L.J., Robbins, M.Astley, J., Fragmented Faith? Exposing the Fault-Lines in the Church of England (Milton Keynes: Paternoster Press, 2005); A. Village and L.J. Francis, ‘Attitude toward Homosexuality among Anglicans in England: The Effects of Theological Orientation and Personality’, Journal of Empirical Theology 21 (2008), pp. 68–87; A. Village and L.J. Francis, The Mind of the Anglican Clergy (Lampeter: Mellen Press, 2009).
20. Francis, Robbins and Astley, Fragmented Faith?
21. Likert, R., ‘A Technique for the Measurement of Attitudes’, Archives of Psychology 140 (1932), pp. 1–55.
22. Francis, Robbins and Astley, Fragmented Faith?; Village and Francis, The Mind of the Anglican Clergy.
23. Randall, K., Evangelicals Etcetera: Conflict and Conviction in the Church of England’s Parties (Aldershot: Ashgate, 2005).
24. Francis, Robbins and Astley, Fragmented Faith?; A. Village, ‘Factors Predicting Relationship with Society among Anglicans in England’, in H.-G. Ziebertz (ed.), Public Significance of Religion (Wurzburg, Germany: ISERT, in press); Village and Francis, ‘Attitude toward Homosexuality among Anglicans in England’; Village and Francis, The Mind of the Anglican Clergy.
25. Randall, Evangelicals Etcetera; Village and Francis, The Mind of the Anglican Clergy.
26. Aiken, L.S., West, S.G.Reno, R.R., Multiple Regression: Testing and Interpreting Interactions (Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 1991); C.E. Lance, ‘Residual Centering, Exploratory and Confirmatory Moderator Analysis, and Decomposition of Effects in Path Models Containing Interactions’, Applied Psychological Measurement 12.2 (1988), pp. 163–75.
27. Burton, L., ‘The Anglican-Methodist Covenant: Differences in the Belief Patterns of Anglican Clergy and Methodist Ministers’, Journal of Beliefs and Values 26.3 (2005), pp. 273–287; The Church of England and The Methodist Church, An Anglican–Methodist Covenant (London: Church House Publishing, 2001).
28. Francis, Robbins and Astley, Fragmented Faith?
29. Francis, Robbins and Astley, Fragmented Faith?; Village and Francis, The Mind of the Anglican Clergy.
30. Krosnick, J.A.Alwin, D.F., ‘Aging and Susceptibility to Attitude Change’, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 57.3 (1989), pp. 416–425.
31. Francis, Robbins and Astley, Fragmented Faith?
32. Francis, Robbins and Astley, Fragmented Faith?
33. Cronbach, L.J., ‘Coefficient Alpha and the Internal Structure of Tests’, Psychometrika 16 (1951), pp. 297–334.