This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. A Garofano , P Czernichow , B Breant . Effect of ageing on beta-cell mass and function in rats malnourished during the perinatal period. Diabetologia. 1999; 42, 711–718.
2. I Sandovici , NH Smith , MD Nitert , et al. Maternal diet and aging alter the epigenetic control of a promoter–enhancer interaction at the Hnf4a gene in rat pancreatic islets. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011; 108, 5449–5454.
3. EM Amesz , A Schaafsma , A Cranendonk , HN Lafeber . Optimal growth and lower fat mass in preterm infants fed a protein-enriched postdischarge formula. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2010; 50, 200–207.
5. J Escribano , V Luque , N Ferre , et al. Effect of protein intake and weight gain velocity on body fat mass at 6 months of age: the EU childhood obesity programme. Int J Obes (Lond). 2012; 36, 548–553.
7. B Eriksson , M Lof , O Eriksson , U Hannestad , E Forsum . Fat-free mass hydration in newborns: assessment and implications for body composition studies. Acta Paediatr. 2011; 100, 680–686.
10. A Urlando , P Dempster , S Aitkens . A new air displacement plethysmograph for the measurement of body composition in infants. Pediatr Res. 2003; 53, 486–492.
11. M Yao , L Nommsen-Rivers , K Dewey , A Urlando . Preliminary evaluation of a new pediatric air displacement plethysmograph for body composition assessment in infants. Acta Diabetol. 2003; 40(Suppl. 1), 555–558.
12. GS Andersen , T Girma , JC Wells , et al. Fat and fat-free mass at birth: air displacement plethysmography measurements on 350 Ethiopian newborns. Pediatr Res. 2011; 70, 501–506.
13. AE Carberry , PB Colditz , BE Lingwood . Body composition from birth to 4.5 months in infants born to non-obese women. Pediatr Res. 2010; 68, 84–88.
14. B Eriksson , M Lof , E Forsum . Body composition in full-term healthy infants measured with air displacement plethysmography at 1 and 12 weeks of age. Acta Paediatr. 2010; 99, 563–568.
15. DA Fields , S Krishnan , AB Wisniewski . Sex differences in body composition early in life. Gend Med. 2009; 6, 369–375.
16. DA Fields , JM Gilchrist , PM Catalano , et al. Longitudinal body composition data in exclusively breast-fed infants: a multicenter study. Obesity. 2011; 19, 1887–1891.
17. P Roggero , ML Gianni , A Orsi , et al. Neonatal period: body composition changes in breast-fed full-term newborns. Neonatology. 2010; 97, 139–143.
18. P Roggero , ML Gianni , A Orsi , et al. Quality of growth in exclusively breast-fed infants in the first six months of life: an Italian study. Pediatr Res. 2010; 68, 542–544.
19. ML Giannì , P Roggero , F Taroni , et al. Adiposity in small for gestational age preterm infants assessed at term equivalent age. Arch Dis Child – Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2009; 94, F368–F372.
20. SE Ramel , HL Gray , KL Ode , et al. Body composition changes in preterm infants following hospital discharge: a comparison to term infants. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2011; 53, 333–338.
21. P Roggero , ML Giannì , O Amato , et al. Postnatal growth failure in preterm infants: recovery of growth and body composition after term. Early Hum Dev. 2008; 84, 555–559.
22. P Roggero , ML Giannì , O Amato , et al. Is term newborn body composition being achieved postnatally in preterm infants? Early Hum Dev. 2009; 85, 349–352.
23. P Roggero , ML Gianni , N Liotto , et al. Rapid recovery of fat mass in small for gestational age preterm infants after term. PLoS One. 2011; 6, e14489.
24. AK Anderson , DM McDougald , M Steiner-Asiedu . Dietary trans fatty acid intake and maternal and infant adiposity. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010; 64, 1308–1315.
25. HR Hull , MK Dinger , AW Knehans , DM Thompson , DA Fields . Impact of maternal body mass index on neonate birthweight and body composition. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198, 416e1–416e6.
26. AK Anderson . Association between infant feeding and early postpartum infant body composition: a pilot prospective study. Int J Pediatr. 2009; 2009, 648091.
27. CJ Bartok . Babies fed breastmilk by breast versus by bottle: a pilot study evaluating early growth patterns. Breastfeed Med. 2011; 6, 117–124.
28. P Roggero , ML Giannì , O Amato , et al. Influence of protein and energy intakes on body composition of formula-fed preterm infants after term. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2008; 47, 375–378.
29. W Lee , M Balasubramaniam , RL Deter , et al. Fetal growth parameters and birth weight: their relationship to neonatal body composition. Ultrasound and Obstetrics in Gynecology. 2009; 33, 441–446.
30. LJ Moyer-Mileur , H Slater , JA Thomson , et al. Newborn adiposity measured by plethysmography is not predicted by late gestation two-dimensional ultrasound measures of fetal growth. The Journal of Nutrition. 2009; 139, 1772–1778.
31. AL Deierlein , J Thornton , H Hull , C Paley , D Gallagher . An anthropometric model to estimate neonatal fat mass using air displacement plethysmography. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2012; 9, 21.