This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. J. A. Adam 1977 Solutions of the inhomogeneous acoustic-gravity wave equation. J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 10, L169–L173.
3. J. Artru , V. Ducic , H. Kanamori , P. Lognonné & M. Murakami 2005 Ionospheric detection of gravity waves induced by tsunamis. Geophys. J. Intl 160, 840–848.
5. L. M. Brekhovskikh & O. A. Godin 1999 Acoustics of Layered Media 2: Point Sources and Bounded Beams, 2nd edn. Springer.
6. L. M. Brekhovskikh & V. Goncharov 1994 Mechanics of Continua and Wave Dynamics, 2nd edn., chap. 10. Springer.
7. D. P. Drob , M. Garcés , M. Hedlin & N. Brachet 2010 The temporal morphology of infrasound propagation. Pure Appl. Geophys. 167, 437–453.
8. C. Eckart 1960 Hydrodynamics of Oceans and Atmospheres. Pergamon.
9. L. G. Evers & H. W. Haak 2001 Listening to sounds from an exploding meteor and oceanic waves. Geophys. Res. Lett. 28, 41–44.
15. O. A. Godin 1997 Reciprocity and energy theorems for waves in a compressible inhomogeneous moving fluid. Wave Motion 25, 143–167.
16. O. A. Godin 2004 Air–sea interaction and feasibility of tsunami detection in the open ocean. J. Geophys. Res. 109, C05002.
17. O. A. Godin 2006a Calculation of amplitudes of acoustic normal modes from the reciprocity principle. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 119, 2096–2100.
18. O. A. Godin 2006b Anomalous transparency of water–air interface for low-frequency sound. Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 164301.
19. O. A. Godin 2007 Transmission of low-frequency sound through the water-to-air interface. Acoust. Phys. 53, 305–312.
20. O. A. Godin 2008a Low-frequency sound transmission through a gas–liquid interface. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 123, 1862–1879.
21. O. A. Godin 2008b Sound transmission through water–air interfaces: new insights into an old problem. Contemp. Phys. 49, 105–123.
22. O. A. Godin , V. G. Irisov , R. R. Leben , B. D. Hamlington & G. A. Wick 2009 Variations in sea surface roughness induced by the 2004 Sumatra–Andaman tsunami. Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci. 9, 1135–1147.
23. O. A. Godin 2011 Low-frequency sound transmission through a gas–solid interface. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 129, EL45–EL51.
24. O. A. Godin 2012a Incompressible wave motion of compressible fluids. Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 194501.
25. O. A. Godin 2012b Acoustic-gravity waves in atmospheric and oceanic waveguides. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 657–669.
27. T. S. Hristov , S. D. Miller & C. A. Friehe 2003 Dynamical coupling of wind and ocean waves through wave-induced air flow. Nature 422, 55–58.
28. H. Lamb 1911 On atmospheric oscillations. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A 84, 551–572.
31. B. E. McDonald & D. C. Calvo 2007 Enhanced sound transmission from water to air at low frequencies. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 122, 3159–3161.
32. S. Kemball-Cook & B. Wang 2001 Equatorial waves and air–sea interaction in the boreal summer intraseasonal oscillation. J. Clim. 14, 2923–2942.
34. A. D. Pierce 1963 Propagation of acoustic-gravity waves from a small source above the ground in an isothermal atmosphere. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 35, 1798–1807.
35. A. D. Pierce 1965 Propagation of acoustic-gravity waves in a temperature- and wind-stratified atmosphere. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 37, 218–227.
36. F. Press & D. G. Harkrider 1962 Propagation of acoustic-gravity waves in the atmosphere. J. Geophys. Res. 67, 3889–3908.
37. L. M. Rolland , G. Occhipinti , P. Lognonné & A. Loevenbruck 2010 Ionospheric gravity waves detected offshore Hawaii after tsunamis. Geophys. Res. Lett. 37, L17101.
39. P. P. Sullivan & J. C. McWilliams 2010 Dynamics of winds and currents coupled to surface waves. Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech. 42, 19–42.
40. I. Tolstoy 1963 The theory of waves in stratified fluids including the effects of gravity and rotation. Rev. Mod. Phys. 35, 207–230.
42. G. Thome 1968 Long-period waves generated in the polar ionosphere during the onset of magnetic storms. J. Geophys. Res. 73, 6319–6336.
Radiation of acoustic and gravity waves and propagation of boundary waves in the stratified fluid from a time-varying bottom boundary. J. Fluid Mech.