- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0884-2914 (Print), 2044-5326 (Online)
- Editor: Gary L. Messing The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Editorial board
- Electrocatalysts for Hydrogen and Oxygen Evolution
- 15 March 2018,
- Hydrogen is one of the most valuable energy carriers and a clean and renewable energy supply. Electrolysis of water, that is, water splitting into hydrogen...
- JMR: Supporting Early Career Scholars in Materials Science
- 26 January 2018,
- Journal of Materials Research (JMR) publishes an annual Issue that is devoted to early career scholars in Materials Science. The Issue provides a unique opportunity...
- JMR Focus Issue: Two-Dimensional Nanomaterials for Biosensors
- 29 August 2017,
- The following is a summary of the introductory Editorial from the August Journal of Materials Research Focus issue on Two-Dimensional Nanomaterials for Biosensors....
Call for Papers
Focus Issue on 3D Printing of Biomaterials
Submission deadline: February 1, 2018
This Focus Issue will capture the perspectives of professionals from different disciplines including science, engineering, and medicine towards application of 3D printing in biomaterials.
Focus Issue on Interconnect and Interface Materials for High-Temperature Energy Conversion Technologies
Submission deadline: February 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will cover advances in the synthesis, processing, and performance of both conventional alloys and unconventional compounds designed for use as electrical interconnects and interfacing materials for these high-temperature energy conversion technologies. Special attention may be given to work relating to experimental and theoretical assessment of the reaction and diffusion kinetics of these interface materials and the volatile, reactive species of energy materials.
Focus Issue on Fundamental Understanding and Applications of High-Entropy Alloys
Submission deadline: March 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will provide readers up-to-date information on high-entropy alloys regarding their fundamentals (e.g., formation, thermodynamics, kinetics, structures, defects, mechanical properties, functional properties, environmental properties) and applications (e.g., structural materials, coatings, nuclear materials, high-temperature materials).
Focus issue: Catalytic engineered materials for commercial and industrial energy applications
Submission deadline: April 1, 2018
Editors for this JMR Focus Issue invite the materials community to share research on catalytic materials as a fundamental pillar in the development of fuel components, including commercial liquid fuels, hydrogen production and methane reforming.
Focus issue: Early Career Scholars in Materials Science 2019
Submission deadline: June 1, 2018
This fourth Annual Issue invites full length research and review articles by materials researchers, who have completed their Ph.D but not yet achieved full professorship at the time of submission, for peer review and publication in the January 2019 issue.
Focus issue: Understanding Water-Oxide Interfaces to Harness New Processes and Technologies
Submission deadline: July 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will provide readers up-to-date information on the impact of thin water films – and the confinement of related interfaces – on structure, stability, and transformation behavior of oxide materials from different perspectives spanning materials sciences, thermodynamics, catalysis, and geochemistry.
Call for Proposals: 2019 JMR Focus Issues
Proposals are being accepted for JMR Focus issues to be published in 2019.
2016 JMR Paper of the Year
151 out of 275 Materials Science, Multidisciplinary
2016 Journal Citation Reports
© Clarivate Analytics
Related Journals from MRS
MRS Publications Print on Demand
To p , please follow this link. Purchase of print-on-demand copies is handled and fulfilled directly through Sheridan Custom Publishing*.