1. MacKay, R.A., Brindley, P.K. and Froes, F.H., “Continuous Fiber-Reinforced Titanium Aluminide Composites,” JOM 43 (5) (May 1991), pp. 23–29.
2. Larsen, J.M. et al., ”Titanium Aluminides for Aerospace Applications,” High Temperature Aluminides and Intermetallics, ed. Whang, S.H. et al. (Warrendale, PA: TMS, 1990) pp. 521–556.
3. Balsone, S.J., “The Effect of Elevated Temperature Exposure on the Tensile and Creep Properties of Ti-24AI-11Nb,” Oxidation of High Temperature Intermetallics, ed. Grobstein, T. and Doychak, J. (Warrendale PA: TMS, 1989) pp. 219–234.
4. Russ, S.M.: Metall. Trans. A, 1990, vol 21A, pp. 1592–1602.
5. Revelos, W.C. and Smith, P.R.: Metall. Trans. A, 1992, vol 23A, pp. 587–595.
6. Baumann, S.F., Brindley, P.K. and Smith, S.D., “Reaction Zone Microstructure in a Ti3Al + Nb/SiC Composite,” Metall. Trans. A, 1990, vol 21A, pp. 1559–1569.
7. Smith, P.R., Rhodes, C.G. and Revelos, W.C., “interfacial Evaluation in a Ti-25AI-17Nb/SCS-6 Composite,” Interfaces in Metal-Ceramics Composites, ed. Lin, R.Y. et al. (Warrendale PA: TMS, 1989), pp. 35–58.
8. Ritter, A.M., Hall, E.L. and Lewis, N., ”Reaction Zone Growth in Ti-Base/SiC Composites,” Intermetallic Matrix Composites, ed. Anton, D.L et al. (Pittsburgh PA: MRS, 1990), pp. 56–59.
9. Lipsitt, H.A., “Titanium Aluminides-An Overview,” High Temperature Ordered Intermetallic Alloys. ed. Koch, C.C., Liu, C.T. and Stoloff, N. S. (Pittsburgh PA: MRS, 1985) pp. 351–364.
10. Rowe, R.G., “The Mechanical Properties of Titanium Aluminides Near Ti-25AI-25Nb,” Microstructure/Property Relationships in Titanium Aluminides and Alloys, ed. Kim, Y.-W. and Boyer, R.R. (Warrendale PA: TMS, 1991), pp. 387–398.
11. Rowe, R.G., “Ti2AINb-based Alloys Outperform Conventional Titanium Aluminides,” Adv. Mat. and Proc., 1992, vol.141 (3), pp. 33–35.
12. Sukonnik, I. et al., “Advances in Thermomechanical Processing of Ti-Aluminide “Orthorhomibic” Foils,” Proceedings of this Conference.
13. Smith, P.R. et al. ”Evaluation of an SCS-6/Ti-22AI-23Nb “Orthorhombic” Composite,” to be published in Proceedings of Titanium Matrix Composite Workshop, Orlando FL., 6–8 November 1991.
14. Krishnamurthy, S., Smith, P.R. and Goecke, K.E., “Thermal Stability of a Ti-22AI-23Nb Matrix,” Presented at the AIAA mini-symposium, Dayton OH, March 1992.
15. Marshall, D.B. et al., ”Mechanical Properties of Ceramic and Intermetallic Matrix Composites,” Proceedings 2nd Int'l Ceramic Science and Technology Congress, Amer. Cer. Soc., Orlando FL, November 1990.
16. Gambone, M.L., “Fatigue and Fracture of Titanium Aluminides,” Final Report-Vol 1, WRDC-TR-4145; Wright-Patterson AFB, OH (February 1990).
17. Smith, P.R. and Revelos, W.C., “Environmental Aspects of Thermal Fatigue in an SCS-6/Ti-24AI-11 Nb Composite,” Fatigue 90, ed. Kitagawa, H. and Tanaka, T. (Birmingham, UK: MCE Publications Ltd, 1990) pp. 1711–1716.
18. Bowden, D.M., Sastry, S.M.L. and Smith, P.R., “Reactions Between Ti3AI and Mixed Second Phases,” Scripta Metal., 1989. vol 23, pp. 407–410.
19. Amato, R.A. and Pank, D.R., “Advanced Titanium Matrix Alloy Development,” to be published in Proceedings of Titanium Matrix Composite Workshop, Orlando FL., 6–8 November 1991.