This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
5. MD Landry , C O'Connell , G Tardif , A Burns . Post-earthquake Haiti: the critical role for rehabilitation services following a humanitarian crisis. Disability and Rehabilitation, 2010; 32(19): 1616–1618.
7. O Merin , A Nachman , G Levy , MJ Schwaber , Y Kreiss . The Israeli Field Hospital in Haiti – Ethical Dilemmas in Early Disaster Response. N Engl J Med, 2010;362(38): 1–3.
25. Oda . Crush syndrome sustained in the 1995 Kobe, Japan, earthquake; treatment and outcome. Ann Emerg Med (1997) vol. 30 (4) pp. 507–12.
27. Buckenmaier . Continuous peripheral nerve block for battlefield anesthesia and evacuation. RegAnesth Pain Med (2005) vol. 30 (2) pp. 202–5.
28. Neal . ASRA practice advisory on local anesthetic systemic toxicity. RegAnesth Pain Med (2010) vol. 35 (2) pp. 152–61.
30. D Lohman , R Schleifer , JJ Amon . Access to Pain Treatment as a Human Right. BMC Med. 2010;8:8.
31. F Brennen , D.B Carr , M Cousins : Pain Management: A Fundamental Human Right. Anesthesia and Analgesia. 2007;105(1):205–221.
32. R Craven : Ketamine. Anesthesia. 2007;62(Suppl 1):48–53.
33. Bonanno . Ketamine in war/tropical surgery (a final tribute to the racemic mixture). Injury (2002) vol. 33 (4) pp. 323–7.
34. T Schnittger : Regional anesthesia in Developing Countries. Anesthesia. 2007; 62(Suppl. 1):42–47.
37.American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Acute Pain Management. Practice guidelines for acute pain management in the peri-operative setting: an updated report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Acute Pain Management. Anesthesiology. 2004;100:1573–1581.
38. Bone . Gabapentin in postamputation phantom limb pain: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over study. RegAnesth Pain Med (2002) vol. 27 (5) pp. 481–6.
40. Barbosa . Neuraxialanaesthesia for lower-limb revascularization. Cochrane Database Syst Rev (2010) (1) pp. .
41. Martin . Severe phantom leg pain in an amputee after lumbar plexus block. RegAnesth Pain Med (2003) vol. 28 (5) pp. 475–8.
42. Scheman . Flashback and nightmares after surgery under neuraxial anesthesia: a report of two cases. Arch Phys Med Rehabil (1998) vol. 79 (5) pp. 579–81.
44. VS Ramachandran , D Rogers-Ramachandran , S Cobb . Touching the phantom limb. Nature. 1995 Oct 12;377(6549):489–90.
45. BL Chan , R Witt , AP Charrow , A Magee , R Howard , PF Pasquina , KM Heilman , JW Tsao . Mirror therapy for phantom limb pain. New Engl J Med. 2007 Nov 22;357(21):2206–7.
46. VS Ramachandran , EL Altschuler . The use of visual feedback, in particular mirror visual feedback, in restoring brain function. Brain. 2009 Jul;132(Pt 7):1693–710.
48. A Gawande . Casualties of War – Military Care for the Wounded from Iraq and Afghanistan. N Engl J Med. 2004;351:2471–2475.
49. JC Clasper . Regional anesthesia, ballistic limb trauma and acute compartment syndrome. JR Army Med Corps. 2010 Jun;156(2):77–8.
50. SJ Mannion , E Chaloner . Principles of war surgery. Br Med J 2005; 330:1498–1500.
62. BK Potter , CR Scoville . Amputation is not isolated: an overview of the U.S. Army amputee patient care program and associated amputee injuries. J Am AcadOrthop Surg. 2006;14:S188–S190.
64. K Chu . Improving Effective Surgical Delivery in Humanitarian Disasters: Lessons from Haiti. PLOS Medicine. 2011;8(4):1–4.