This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. DR Jacobs Jr., MD Gross & LC Tapsell (2009) Food synergy: an operational concept for understanding nutrition. Am J Clin Nutr 89, 1543S–1548S.
4. AK Petrus , DG Allis , RP Smith (2009) Exploring the implications of vitamin B12 conjugation to insulin on insulin receptor binding. Chem Med Chem 4, 421–426.
6. H Blencowe , S Cousens , B Modell (2010) Folic acid to reduce neonatal mortality from neural tube disorders. Int J Epidemiol 39, Suppl. 1, i110–i121.
YI Kim (2007) Folic acid fortification and supplementation – good for some but not so good for others. Nutr Rev
E Andrès , NH Loukili , E Noel
(2004) Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) deficiency in elderly patients. CMAJ
G Bjelakovic , D Nikolova , LL Gluud
(2007) Mortality in randomized trials of antioxidant supplements for primary and secondary prevention: systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA
M Ebbing , KH Bønaa , E Arnesen
(2010) Combined analyses and extended follow-up of two randomized controlled homocysteine-lowering B-vitamin trials. J Intern Med
15. W Willett (1998) Nutritional Epidemiology. 2nd ed.New York: Oxford University Press.
17. MC de Oliveira Otto , D Mozaffarian , D Kromhout (2012) Dietary Intake of Saturated Fat by Food Source and Incident Cardiovascular Disease: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Am J Clin Nutr 96, 397–404.
D Kromhout , JM Geleijnse , A Menotti
(2011) The confusion about dietary fatty acids recommendations for CHD prevention. Br J Nutr
A Oliveira , C Lopes & F Rodríguez-Artalejo (2010) Adherence to the Southern European Atlantic diet and occurrence of nonfatal acute myocardial infarction. Am J Clin Nutr
21. A Mente , L de Koning , HS Shannon (2009) A systematic review of the evidence supporting a causal link between dietary factors and coronary heart disease. Arch Intern Med 169, 659–669.
MS Lockheart , LM Steffen , HM Rebnord
(2007) Dietary patterns, food groups and myocardial infarction: a case-control study. Br J Nutr
FP Sijtsma , KA Meyer , LM Steffen
(2012) Longitudinal trends in diet and effects of sex, race, and education on dietary quality score change: the coronary artery risk development in young adults study. Am J Clin Nutr
25. SE Chiuve , TT Fung , EB Rimm (2012) Alternative dietary indices both strongly predict risk of chronic disease. J Nutr 142, 1009–1018.
A Trichopoulou , T Costacou , C Bamia
(2003) Adherence to a Mediterranean diet and survival in a Greek population. N Engl J Med
27. JA Nettleton , LM Steffen , H Ni (2008) Dietary patterns and risk of incident type 2 diabetes in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA). Diabetes Care 31, 1777–1782.
29. DR Jacobs Jr., D Sluik , MH Rokling-Andersen (2009) Association of 1-y changes in diet pattern with cardiovascular disease risk factors and adipokines: results from the 1-y randomized Oslo Diet and Exercise Study. Am J Clin Nutr 89, 509–517.
MS Riddle , JA Murray & CK Porter (2012) The incidence and risk of celiac disease in a healthy US adult population. Am J Gastroenterol
31.National Institutes of Health (2006) NIH state-of-the-science conference statement on multivitamin/mineral supplements and chronic disease prevention. Ann Intern Med 145, 364–371.