This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. AG Renehan , M Tyson , M Egger (2008) Body-mass index and incidence of cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective observational studies. Lancet 371, 569–578.
4. GK Reeves , K Pirie , V Beral (2007) Cancer incidence and mortality in relation to body mass index in the Million Women Study: cohort study. Br Med J 335, 1134–1139.
6. MD Crowell , A Bradley , S Hansel (2009) Obesity is associated with increased 48-h esophageal acid exposure in patients with symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux. Am J Gastroenterol 104, 553–559.
7. J Lagergren , R Bergström , A Lindgren (1999) Symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux as a risk factor for esophageal adenocarcinoma. N Engl J Med 340, 825–831.
8. S Becker , L Dossus & R Kaaks (2009) Obesity related hyperinsulinaemia and hyperglycaemia and cancer development. Arch Physiol Biochem 115, 86–96.
9. DJ Harriss , G Atkinson , K George (2009) Lifestyle factors and colorectal cancer risk (1): systematic review and meta-analysis of associations with body mass index. Colorectal Dis 11, 547–563.
10. R Huxley , A Ansary-Moghaddam , de González A Berrington (2005) Type-II diabetes and pancreatic cancer: a meta-analysis of 36 studies. Br J Cancer 92, 2076–2083.
11. PH Lahmann , K Hoffmann , N Allen (2004) Body size and breast cancer risk: findings from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC). Int J Cancer 111, 762–771.
13. S Rinaldi , TJ Key , PH Peeters (2006) Anthropometric measures, endogenous sex steroids and breast cancer risk in postmenopausal women: a study within the EPIC cohort. Int J Cancer 118, 2832–2839.
14. TJ Key & MC Pike (1988) The role of oestrogens and progestagens in the epidemiology and prevention of breast cancer. Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol 24, 29–43.
15. TJ Key & MC Pike (1988) The dose-effect relationship between ‘unopposed’ oestrogens and endometrial mitotic rate: its central role in explaining and predicting endometrial cancer risk. Br J Cancer 57, 205–212.
16. WH Chow , G Gridley , JF Fraumeni Jr (2000) Obesity, hypertension, and the risk of kidney cancer in men. N Engl J Med 343, 1305–1311.
17. S Weikert , H Boeing , T Pischon (2008) Blood pressure and risk of renal cell carcinoma in the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition. Am J Epidemiol 167, 438–446.
18. C Samanic , WH Chow , G Gridley (2006) Relation of body mass index to cancer risk in 362,552 Swedish men. Cancer Causes Control 17, 901–909.
19. AH Eliassen , GA Colditz , B Rosner (2006) Adult weight change and risk of postmenopausal breast cancer. JAMA 296, 193–201.
20. TD Adams , AM Stroup , RE Gress (2009) Cancer incidence and mortality after gastric bypass surgery. Obesity 17, 796–802.
21. L Sjöström , A Gummesson , CD Sjöström (2009) Effects of bariatric surgery on cancer incidence in obese patients in Sweden (Swedish Obese Subjects Study): a prospective, controlled intervention trial. Lancet Oncol 10, 653–662.