1. World Health Organization (2000)
Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic
. Report of a WHO Consultation. WHO Technical Report Series no. 894. Geneva: WHO.
2. World Health Organization (2008) 2008–2013 Action Plan for the Global Strategy for the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases. Geneva: WHO.
Roberto, CA, Swinburn, B, Hawkes, C et al. (2015) Patchy progress on obesity prevention: emerging examples, entrenched barriers, and new thinking. Lancet 385, 2400–2409.
Lachat, C, Nago, E, Verstraeten, R et al. (2012) Eating out of home and its association with dietary intake: a systematic review of the evidence. Obes Rev 13, 329–346.
Chaput, JP, Klingenberg, L, Astrup, A et al. (2011) Modern sedentary activities promote overconsumption of food in our current obesogenic environment. Obes Rev 12, e12–e20.
6. Egger, G & Swinburn, B (2011) Planet Obesity: How We’re Eating Ourselves and the Planet to Death. Crows Nest, NSW: Allen & Unwin.
Nguyen, BT & Powell, LM (2014) The impact of restaurant consumption among US adults: effects on energy and nutrient intakes. Public Health Nutr 17, 2445–2452.
Kaya, IH (2016) Motivation factors of consumers’ food choice. Food Nutr Sci 7, 149–154.
Osman, I, Osman, S, Mokhtar, I et al. (2014) Family food consumption: desire towards convenient food products. Procedia Soc Behav Sci 121, Suppl. C, 223–231.
Nago, ES, Lachat, CK, Dossa, RA et al. (2014) Association of out-of-home eating with anthropometric changes: a systematic review of prospective studies. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 54, 1103–1116.
12. Raine, KD (2010) Addressing poor nutrition to promote heart health: moving upstream. Can J Cardiol 26, Suppl. C, 21c–4c.
Capacci, S, Mazzocchi, M, Shankar, B et al. (2012) Policies to promote healthy eating in Europe: a structured review of policies and their effectiveness. Nutr Rev 70, 188–200.
14. Kahneman, D (2011) Thinking, Fast and Slow. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux.
Nikolaou, CK, Lean, ME & Hankey, CR (2014) Calorie-labelling in catering outlets: acceptability and impacts on food sales. Prev Med 67, 160–165.
16. Bollinger, B, Leslie, P & Sorensen, A (2011) Calorie posting in chain restaurants. Am Econ J Econ Policy 3, 91–128.
Marteau, TM, Ogilvie, D, Roland, M et al. (2011) Judging nudging: can nudging improve population health? BMJ 342, d228.
Flynn, MA (2015) Empowering people to be healthier: public health nutrition through the Ottawa Charter. Proc Nutr Soc 74, 303–312.
19. Thaler, RH SC (2008) Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health Wealth and Happiness. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.
21. NSW Government Food Authority (2013) Evaluation of Kilojoule Menu Labelling. Newington, NSW: NSW Food Authority.
22. Restrepo, BJ (2017) Calorie labeling in chain restaurants and body weight: evidence from New York. Health Econ 26, 1191–1209.
Logue, D, Kennelly, J, Keaveney, E et al. (2013) Calorie menu labelling in Ireland: a survey of food service businesses. Proc Nutr Soc 72, E167.
24. Thomas, E (2016) Food for thought: obstacles to menu labelling in restaurants and cafeterias. Public Health Nutr 19, 2185–2189.
25. Mason, J (2002) Qualitative Researching. London: SAGE Publications Ltd.
26. Gillham, B (2008) Developing a Questionnaire, 2nd ed. London: A&C Black.
27. Ritchie, J, Lewis, J, Nicholls, CM et al. (2013) Qualitative Research Practice: A Guide for Social Science Students and Researchers. London: SAGE Publications Ltd.
Yamamoto, JA, Yamamoto, JB, Yamamoto, BE et al. (2005) Adolescent fast food and restaurant ordering behavior with and without calorie and fat content menu information. J Adolesc Health 37, 397–402.
Gittelsohn, J, Lee-Kwan, SH & Batorsky, B (2013) Community-based interventions in prepared-food sources: a systematic review. Prev Chronic Dis 10, E180.
Zick, A, Wake, Y & Reeves, S (2010) Nutrition labelling in restaurants: a UK‐based case study. Nutr Food Sci 40, 557–565.
31. Lee-Kwan, SH, Goedkoop, S, Yong, R et al. (2013) Development and implementation of the Baltimore healthy carry-outs feasibility trial: process evaluation results. BMC Public Health 13, 638.
Geaney, F, Kelly, C, Di Marrazzo, JS et al. (2016) The effect of complex workplace dietary interventions on employees’ dietary intakes, nutrition knowledge and health status: a cluster controlled trial. Prev Med 89, 76–83.