This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1.American Diabetes Association (2004) Gestational diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care 27, Suppl. 1, S88–S90.
D Dabelea , JK Snell-Bergeon , CL Hartsfield
et al. (2005) Increasing prevalence of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) over time and by birth cohort: Kaiser Permanente of Colorado GDM Screening Program. Diabetes Care
SL Kjos , TA Buchanan , JS Greenspoon
et al. (1990) Gestational diabetes mellitus: the prevalence of glucose intolerance and diabetes mellitus in the first two months post partum. Am J Obstet Gynecol
M Kwik , SK Seeho , C Smith
et al. (2007) Outcomes of pregnancies affected by impaired glucose tolerance. Diabetes Res Clin Pract
World Diabetes Foundation, Global Alliance for Women's Health (2009) Diabetes, Women, and Development: meeting summary, expert recommendations for policy action, conclusions, and follow-up actions. Int J Gynaecol Obstet
104, Suppl. 1, S46–S50.
A Jiwani , E Marseille , N Lohse
et al. (2012) Gestational diabetes mellitus: results from a survey of country prevalence and practices. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med
7. S Veeraswamy , B Vijayam , VK Gupta et al. (2012) Gestational diabetes: the public health relevance and approach. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 97, 350–358.
9. M Sermer , CD Naylor , DJ Gare et al. (1995) Impact of increasing carbohydrate intolerance on maternal–fetal outcomes in 3637 women without gestational diabetes. The Toronto Tri-Hospital Gestational Diabetes Project. Am J Obstet Gynecol 173, 146–156.
L Tallarigo , O Giampietro , G Penno
et al. (1986) Relation of glucose tolerance to complications of pregnancy in nondiabetic women. N Engl J Med
11. TO Scholl , M Sowers , X Chen et al. (2001) Maternal glucose concentration influences fetal growth, gestation, and pregnancy complications. Am J Epidemiol 154, 514–520.
BR Vohr , ST McGarvey & R Tucker (1999) Effects of maternal gestational diabetes on offspring adiposity at 4–7 years of age. Diabetes Care
RC Ma & JC Chan (2009) Pregnancy and diabetes scenario around the world: China. Int J Gynaecol Obstet
104, Suppl. 1, S42–S45.
14. X Yang , B Hsu-Hage , H Zhang et al. (2002) Gestational diabetes mellitus in women of single gravidity in Tianjin City, China. Diabetes Care 25, 847–851.
F Zhang , L Dong , CP Zhang
et al. (2011) Increasing prevalence of gestational diabetes mellitus in Chinese women from 1999 to 2008. Diabet Med
16. G Koren , C Maltepe & R Gow (2011) Therapeutic choices for nausea and vomiting of pregnancy: a critical review of a systematic review. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 33, 733–735.
19. U Latva-Pukkila , E Isolauri & K Laitinen (2010) Dietary and clinical impacts of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. J Hum Nutr Diet 23, 69–77.
20. Y Wang , J Mi , XY Shan et al. (2007) Is China facing an obesity epidemic and the consequences? The trends in obesity and chronic disease in China. Int J Obes (Lond) 31, 177–188.
21. W Yang , J Lu , J Weng et al. (2010) Prevalence of diabetes among men and women in China. N Engl J Med 362, 1090–1101.
23. CB Rudra , MA Williams , IM Lee et al. (2005) Perceived exertion during prepregnancy physical activity and preeclampsia risk. Med Sci Sports Exerc 37, 1836–1841.
24. C Zhang , CG Solomon , JE Manson et al. (2006) A prospective study of pregravid physical activity and sedentary behaviors in relation to the risk for gestational diabetes mellitus. Arch Intern Med 166, 543–548.
25. A Bertolotto , L Volpe , A Calianno et al. (2010) Physical activity and dietary habits during pregnancy: effects on glucose tolerance. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23, 1310–1314.
I Guelinckx , R Devlieger , P Mullie
et al. (2010) Effect of lifestyle intervention on dietary habits, physical activity, and gestational weight gain in obese pregnant women: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr
27. E Oken , Y Ning , SL Rifas-Shiman et al. (2006) Associations of physical activity and inactivity before and during pregnancy with glucose tolerance. Obstet Gynecol 108, 1200–1207.
JS Radesky , E Oken , SL Rifas-Shiman
et al. (2008) Diet during early pregnancy and development of gestational diabetes. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol
30.American Diabetes Association (2012) Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care 35, Suppl. 1, S64–S71.
SL Nascimento , FG Surita & JG Cecatti (2012) Physical exercise during pregnancy: a systematic review. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol
BL Rooney , CW Schauberger & MA Mathiason (2005) Impact of perinatal weight change on long-term obesity and obesity-related illnesses. Obstet Gynecol
J Salmeron , JE Manson , MJ Stampfer
et al. (1997) Dietary fiber, glycemic load, and risk of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus in women. JAMA