This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. A Kant (1996) Indexes of overall diet quality. J Am Diet Assoc 96, 785–791.
2. A Kant (2004) Dietary patterns and health outcomes. J Am Diet Assoc 104, 615–635.
7. P Huijbregts , E Feskens , L Rasanen , F Fidanza , A Nissinen , A Menotti & D Kromhout (1997) Dietary pattern and 20 year mortality in elderly men in Finland, Italy, and the Netherlands: longitudinal cohort study. BMJ 315, 13–17.
9. A Kant , A Schatzkin , B Graubard & C Schairer (2000) A prospective study of diet quality and mortality in women. JAMA 283, 2109–2115.
10. J Seymour , E Calle , E Flagg , R Coates , E Ford & M Thun (2003) Diet quality index as a predictor of short-term mortality in the American Cancer Society cancer prevention study II nutrition cohort. Am J Epidemiol 157, 980–988.
11. A Fitzgerald , R Dewar & P Veugelers (2002) Diet quality and cancer incidence in Nova Scotia, Canada. Nutr Cancer 43, 127–132.
12. A Trichopoulou , A Kouris-Blazos , M Wahlqvist , C Gnardellis , P Lagiou , E Polychronopoulos , T Vassilakou , L Lipworth & D Trichopoulos (1995) Diet and survival in elderly people. BMJ 311, 1457–1460.
13. S Weinstein , T Vogt & S Gerrior (2004) Healthy Eating Index Scores are associated with blood nutrient concentrations in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. J Am Diet Assoc 104, 576–584.
14. M Gerber , J Scali , A Michaud , M Durand , C Astre , J Dallongeville & M Romon (2000) Profiles of a healthful diet and its relationship to biomarkers in a population sample from Mediterranean southern France. J Am Diet Assoc 100, 1164–1171.
15. U Toft , L Kristoffersen , C Lau , K Borch-Johnsen & T Jorgensen (2007) The Dietary Quality Score: validation and association with cardiovascular risk factors: the Inter99 study. Eur J Clin Nutr 61, 270–278.
17. A Trichopoulou , T Costacou , C Bamia & D Trichopoulos (2003) Adherence to a Mediterranean diet and survival in a Greek population. N Engl J Med 348, 2599–2608.
19. M Osler & M Schroll (1997) Diet and mortality in a cohort of elderly people in a North European community. Int J Epidemiol 26, 155–159.
20. K Knoops , L Groot de , F Fidanza , A Alberti-Fidanza , D Kromhout & WA van Staveren (2006) Comparison of three different dietary scores in relation to 10-year mortality in elderly European subjects: the HALE project. Eur J Clin Nutr 60, 746–755.
25. E Fernandez , E Negri , C La Vecchia & S Franceschi (2000) Diet diversity and colorectal cancer. Prev Med 31, 11–14.
29. P Huijbregts , E Feskens , L Rasanen , F Fidanza , A Alberti-Fidanza , A Nissinen & S Giampaoli (1998) Dietary patterns and cognitive function in elderly men in Finland, Italy and the Netherlands. Eur J Clin Nutr 52, 826–831.
30. M Osler , A Andreasen , B Heitmann , S Hiodrup , U Gerdes , L Jorgensen & M Schroll (2002) Food intake patterns and risk of coronary heart disease: a prospective cohort study examining the use of traditional scoring techniques. Eur J Clin Nutr 56, 568–574.
31. C Bazelmans , S De Henauw , C Matthys , M Dramaix , M Kornitzer , G De Backer & A Leveque (2006) Healthy Food and Nutrient Index and all cause mortality. Eur J Epidemiol 21, 145–152.
32. V Mai , A Kant , A Flood , JJ Lacey , C Schairer & A Schatzkin (2005) Diet quality and subsequent cancer incidence and mortality in a prospective cohort of women. Int J Epidemiol 34, 54–60.
33. K Michels & A Wolk (2002) A prospective study of variety of healthy foods and mortality in women. Int J Epidemiol 31, 847–854.
34. S Murphy , M Davis , J Neuhaus & D Lein (1996) Dietary quality and survival among middle-aged and older adults in the NHANES I Epidemiologic Follow-Up Study. Nutr Res 16, 1641–1650.
35. D Panagiotakos , C Pitsavos & C Stefanadis (2006) Dietary patterns: a Mediterranean diet score and its relation to clinical and biological markers of cardiovascular disease risk. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 16, 559–568.
37. A Alberti-Fidanza , F Fidanza , MP Chiuchiù , G Verducci & D Fruttini (1999) Dietary studies on two rural Italian population groups of the Seven Countries Study. 3. Trends of food and nutrient intake from 1960 to 1991. Eur J Clin Nutr 53, 854–860.