This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. R Kelishadi , MM Gouya , K Adeli (2008) Factors associated with the metabolic syndrome in a national sample of youths: CASPIAN Study. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18, 461–470.
5. MG Boosalis (2008) The role of selenium in chronic disease. Nutr Clin Pract 23, 152–160.
6. CM Champagne (2008) Magnesium in hypertension, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, and other conditions: a review. Nutr Clin Pract 23, 142–151.
8. WC Willett & E Lenart (1998) Reproducibility and validity of food frequency questionnaire. In Nutritional Epidemiology, 2nd ed., pp. 101–147 [W Willett, editor]. New York: Oxford University Press.
12. X Shu , G Yang , F Jin (2004) Validity and reproducibility of the food frequency questionnaire used in the Shanghai Women’s Health Study. Eur J Clin Nutr 58, 17–23.
13. H Fakhrzadeh , P Ebrahimpour , R Pourebrahim (2006) Metabolic syndrome and its associated risk factors in healthy adults: a population-based study in Iran. Metab Syndr Relat Disord 4, 28–34.
14. A Zabetian , F Hadaegh & F Azizi (2007) Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in Iranian adult population, concordance between the IDF with the ATPIII and the WHO definitions. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 77, 251–257.
16. W Willett (editor) (1998) Issues in analysis and presentation of dietary data. In Nutritional Epidemiology, 2nd ed., pp. 321–346. New York: Oxford University Press.
18. P Mirmiran , L Azadbakht & F Azizi (2006) Dietary diversity within food groups: an indicator of specific nutrient adequacy in Tehranian women. J Am Coll Nutr 25, 354–361.
27. AF Malekshah , M Kimiagar , M Saadatian-Elahi (2006) Validity and reliability of a new food frequency questionnaire compared to 24 h recalls and biochemical measurements: pilot phase of Golestan cohort study of esophageal cancer. Eur J Clin Nutr 60, 971–977.
28. M Jain & J McLaughlin (2000) Validity of nutrient estimates by food frequency questionnaires based either on exact frequencies or categories. Ann Epidemiol 10, 354–360.
29. MC Ocke , HB Bueno-de-Mesquita , MA Pols (1997) The Dutch EPIC food frequency questionnaire. II. Relative validity and reproducibility for nutrients. Int J Epidemiol 26, Suppl. 1, S49–S58.
30. S Bohlscheid-Thomas , I Hoting , H Boeing (1997) Reproducibility and relative validity of energy and macronutrient intake of a food frequency questionnaire developed for the German PART of the EPIC project. Int J Epidemiol 26, Suppl. 1, S71–S81.
32. K Katsouyanni , EB Rimm , C Gnardellis (1997) Reproducibility and relative validity of an extensive semi-quantitative food frequency questionnaire using dietary records and biochemical markers among Greek schoolteachers. Int J Epidemiol 26, Suppl. 1, S118–S127.
35. P Pisani , F Faggiano , V Krogh (1997) Relative validity and reproducibility of a food frequency dietary questionnaire for use in the Italian EPIC centres. Int J Epidemiol 26, Suppl. 1, S152–S160.
36. EK Wei , J Gardner , AE Field (1999) Validity of a food frequency questionnaire in assessing nutrient intakes of low-income pregnant women. Matern Child Health J 3, 241–246.
37. H Boeing , S Bohlscheid-Thomas , S Voss (1997) The relative validity of vitamin intakes derived from a food frequency questionnaire compared to 24-hour recalls and biological measurements: results from the EPIC pilot study in Germany. European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition. Int J Epidemiol 26, Suppl. 1, S82–S90.
38. K Kusama , DS Le , TT Hanh (2005) Reproducibility and validity of a food frequency questionnaire among Vietnamese in Ho Chi Minh City. J Am Coll Nutr 24, 466–473.
41. SA Bingham , C Gill , A Welch (1997) Validation of dietary assessment methods in the UK arm of EPIC using weighed records, and 24-hour urinary nitrogen and potassium and serum vitamin C and carotenoids as biomarkers. Int J Epidemiol 26, Suppl. 1, S137–S151.
43. L Paalanena , S Mannisto , MJ Virtanena (2006) Validity of a food frequency questionnaire varied by age and body mass index. J Clin Epidemiol 59, 994–1001.
44. W Willett (2001) Invited commentary: A further look at dietary questionnaire validation. Am J Epidemiol 154, 1100–1102.