This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. CG Owen , RM Martin , PH Whincup , G Davey Smith & DG Cook (2005) Effect of infant feeding on the risk of obesity across the life course: a quantitative review of published evidence. Pediatrics 115, 1367–1377.
2. JA Lanigan , JCK Wells , MS Lawson & A Lucas (2001) Validation of food diary method for assessment of dietary energy and macronutrient intake in infants and children aged 6–24 months. Eur J Clin Nutr 55, 124–129.
3. U Alexy , M Kersting , W Sichert-Hellert , F Manz & G Schöch (1998) Energy intake and growth of 3- to 36-month-old German infants and children. Ann Nutr Metab 42, 64–74.
4. KF Michaelson (1997) Nutrition and growth during infancy: The Copenhagen Cohort Study. Acta Paediatr 86, Suppl. 420, 1–36.
5. MJ Heinig , LA Nommsen , JM Peerson , B Lonnerdal & KG Dewey (1993) Intake and growth of breast-fed and formula-fed infants in relation to the timing of complementary foods: the DARLING study. Acta Paediatr 82, 999–1006.
7. JE Stuff & BL Nichols (1989) Nutrient intake and growth performance of older infants fed human milk. J Pediatr 115, 959–968.
8. KG Dewey & B Lonnerdal (1983) Milk and nutrient intake of breast-fed infants from 1 to 6 months: relation to growth and fatness. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2, 497–506.
9. B Lande , LF Andersen , A Baerug , KU Trygg , K Lund-Larsen , MB Veierod & G-EAa Bjorneboe (2003) Infant feeding practices and associated factors in the first six months of life: the Norwegian infant nutrition survey. Acta Paediatr 92, 152–161.
10. L Vähätalo , S Bärlund , ML Hannila , the TRIGR Study Group (2006) Relative validity of a dietary interview for assessing infant diet and compliance in a dietary intervention trial. Matern Child Nutr 2, 181–187.
11. HM Inskip , KM Godfrey , SM Robinson , CM Law , DJP Barker , C Cooper & the SWS Study Group (2006) Cohort profile: The Southampton Women’s Survey. Int J Epidemiol 35, 42–48.
13. LD Marriott , KD Foote , JA Bishop , AC Kimber & JB Morgan (2003) Weaning preterm infants: a randomised controlled trial. Arch Dis Child 88, F302–F307.
14. V Boggio , A Grossiord , S Guyon , F Fuchs & M Fantino (1999) Food consumption of infants and young children in France in 1997. Arch Paediatr 6, 740–747.
17. AA Paul , AE Black , J Evans , TJ Cole & RG Whitehead (1988) Breastmilk intake and growth in infants from two to ten months. J Hum Nutr Diet 1, 437–450.
19. W Willett (1998) Nutritional Epidemiology, pp. 288–290. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
21. TJ Cole (2000) Sympercents: symmetric percentage differences on the 100 loge scale simplify the presentation of log transformed data. Stat Med 19, 3109–3135.
22. W Willett (2002) Commentary: Dietary diaries versus food frequency questionnaires – a case of undigestible data. Int J Epidemiol 30, 317–319.
23. LF Andersen , B Lande , GH Arsky & K Trygg (2003) Validation of a semi-quantitative food-frequency questionnaire used among 12-month-old Norwegian infants. Eur J Clin Nutr 57, 881–888.
24. RE Blum , EK Wei , HRH Rockett , BS Langeliers , J Leppert , JD Gardner & GA Colditz (1999) Validation of a food frequency questionnaire in Native American and Caucasian children 1 to 5 years of age. Matern Child Health J 3, 167–172.
25. TA Marshall , JM Eichenburger Gilmore , B Broffitt , SM Levy & PJ Stumbo (2003) Relative validation of a beverage frequency questionnaire in children ages 6 months through 5 years using 3-day food and beverage diaries. J Am Diet Assoc 103, 714–720.
27. NF Butte (2005) Energy requirements of infants. Public Health Nutr 8, 953–967.
29. KK Ong , PM Emmett , S Noble , A Ness , DB Dunger & the ALSPAC Study Team (2006) Dietary energy intake at the age of 4 months predicts postnatal weight gain and childhood body mass index. Pediatrics 117, 503–509.
30. MK Serdula , MP Alexander , KS Scanlon & BA Bowman (2001) What are preschool children eating? A review of dietary assessment. Annu Rev Nutr 21, 475–498.