This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. P Meneton , X Jeunemaitre , HE de Wardener . (2005) Links between dietary salt intake, renal salt handling, blood pressure, and cardiovascular diseases. Physiol Rev 85, 679–715.
3. NR Cook , E Obarzanek , JA Cutler . (2009) Joint effects of sodium and potassium intake on subsequent cardiovascular disease: the trials of Hypertension Prevention Follow-up Study. Arch Intern Med 169, 32–40.
4. S Tsugane & S Sasazuki (2007) Diet and the risk of gastric cancer: review of epidemiological evidence. Gastric Cancer 10, 75–83.
5. FJ He & GA MacGregor (2002) Effect of modest salt reduction on blood pressure: a meta-analysis of randomized trials. Implications for public health. J Hum Hypertens 16, 761–770.
6. FJ He , NM Marrero & GA MacGregor (2008) Salt and blood pressure in children and adolescents. J Hum Hypertens 22, 4–11.
7. LJ Appel , TD Giles , HR Black . (2010) ASH position paper: dietary approaches to lower blood pressure. J Am Soc Hypertens 4, 79–89.
11. JM Geleijnse , DE Grobbee & A Hofman (1990) Sodium and potassium intake and blood pressure change in childhood. BMJ 300, 899–902.
23. ME Allison & V Walker (1986) The sodium and potassium intake of 3 to 5 year olds. Arch Dis Child 61, 159–163.
25. S Beer-Borst , MC Costanza , A Pechere-Bertschi . (2009) Twelve-year trends and correlates of dietary salt intakes for the general adult population of Geneva, Switzerland. Eur J Clin Nutr 63, 155–164.
26. P Meneton , L Lafay , A Tard . (2009) Dietary sources and correlates of sodium and potassium intakes in the French general population. Eur J Clin Nutr 63, 1169–1175.
28. AM Gerber , SA James , AS Ammerman . (1991) Socioeconomic status and electrolyte intake in black adults: the Pitt County Study. Am J Public Health 81, 1608–1612.
29. M Belle , M Hanss , M Guillaumont . (1991) Des-gamma-carboxyprothrombin detection by immunoblotting after polyacrylamide gel affinoelectrophoresis in human plasmas. Electrophoresis 12, 294–297.
30. MC Ganguli , RH Grimm Jr, KH Svendsen . (1997) Higher education and income are related to a better Na:K ratio in blacks: baseline results of the Treatment of Mild Hypertension Study (TOMHS) data. Am J Hypertens 10, 979–984.
32. N Kodama , E Morikuni , N Matsuzaki . (2005) Sodium and potassium balances in Japanese young adults. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 51, 161–168.
33. P Pietinen (1982) Estimating sodium intake from food consumption data. Ann Nutr Metab 26, 90–99.
34. MJ Brion , AR Ness , SG Davey . (2008) Sodium intake in infancy and blood pressure at 7 years: findings from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children. Eur J Clin Nutr 62, 1162–1169.
39. A Maldonado-Martin , L Garcia-Matarin , B Gil-Extremera . (2002) Blood pressure and urinary excretion of electrolytes in Spanish schoolchildren. J Hum Hypertens 16, 473–478.
41. WC Heird , P Ziegler , K Reidy . (2006) Current electrolyte intakes of infants and toddlers. J Am Diet Assoc 106, 1 Suppl. 1, S43–S51.
44. IJ Brown , I Tzoulaki , V Candeias . (2009) Salt intakes around the world: implications for public health. Int J Epidemiol 38, 791–813.
45. T Laatikainen (2006) Sodium in the Finnish diet: 20-year trends in urinary sodium excretion among the adult population. Eur J Clin Nutr 60, 965–970.