This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JJ Prochaska , B Spring & CR Nigg (2008) Multiple health behaviour change research: an introduction and overview. Prev Med 46, 181–188.
2. MF Zabinski , G Norman , JF Sallis (2007) Patterns of sedentary behaviour among adolescents. Health Psychol 26, 113–120.
3. R Lowry , H Wechsler , A Galuska (2002) Television viewing and its association with overweight, sedentary lifestyle, and insufficient consumption of fruits and vegetables among US high school students: differences by race, ethnicity and gender. J Sch Health 72, 413–421.
4. K Patrick , GJ Norman , KJ Calfas (2004) Diet, physical activity and sedentary behaviours as risk factors for overweight in adolescence. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158, 385–390.
7. K Van der Horst , MJ Chin A Paw , JWR Twisk (2007) A brief review on correlates of physical activity and sedentariness in youth. Med Sci Sports Exerc 39, 1241–1250.
8. S Keller , JE Maddock , W Hannöver (2008) Multiple health risk behaviours in German first year university students. Prev Med 46, 189–195.
9. AE Field , MW Gillman , B Rosner (2007) Association between fruit & vegetable intake and change in body mass index among a large sample of children and adolescents in the United States. Int J Obes 27, 821–826.
10. I Janssen , PT Katzmarayk , WF Boyce (2005) Health Behaviour in School-aged Children Obesity Working Group. Comparison of overweight and obesity prevalence in school-aged youth from 34 countries and their relationships with physical activity and dietary patters. Obes Rev 6, 123–132.
12. M-M Driskell , S Dyment , L Mauriello (2008) Relationships among multiple behaviours for childhood and adolescent obesity prevention. Prev Med 46, 209–215.
13. JC Eisenmann , RT Bartee , DT Smith (2008) Combined influence of physical activity and television viewing on the risk of overweight in US youth. Int J Obes 32, 613–618.
14. A Must & DJ Tybor (2005) Physical activity and sedentary behaviour: a review of longitudinal studies of weight and adiposity in youth. Int J Obes 29, Suppl. 2, S84–S96.
16. E Bere , M Veierod , O Skare (2007) Free school fruit – sustained effect three years later. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 4, 5–11.
17. LF Andersen , E Bere , N Kolbjbrnsen (2004) Validity and reproducibility of self-reported intake of fruit & vegetable among 6th graders. Eur J Clin Nutr 58, 771–777.
18.American Academy of Pediatrics: Committee on Public Education (2001) Children, adolescents and television. Pediatrics 107, 423–426.
21. TJ Cole , MC Bellizzi , KM Flegal (2001) Establishing a standard definition for child overweight and obesity worldwide: international survey. BMJ 320, 1240–1245.
22. R Kelishadi , G Ardalan , R Gheiratmand (2007) Association of physical activity and dietary behaviours in relation to the body mass index in a national sample of Iranian children and adolescents: CASPIAN Study. Bull World Health Organ 85, 19–26.
23. SJ Biddle , T Gorely , SJ Marshall (2004) Physical activity and sedentary behaviours in youth: issues and controversies. J R Soc Health 124, 29–33.
24. CM Doak , TLS Visscher , CM renders (2006) The prevention of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents: a review of interventions and programmes. Obes Rev 7, 111–136.
26. M Garaulet , A Martinez , F Victoria (2000) Differences in dietary intake and activity level between normal-weight and overweight or obese adolescents. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 30, 252–258.
28. J Stevens , JE McClain & KP Truesdale (2008) Selection of measures in epidemiologic studies of the consequences of obesity. Int J Obes 32, S60–S66.
29. B Sherry , ME Jefferds & LM Grummer-Strawn (2007) Accuracy of adolescent self-report of height and weight in assessing overweight status: a literature review. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161, 1154–1161.
30. SL Morrissey , LM Whetstone , DM Cummings (2006) Comparison of self-reported and measured height and weight in eight-grade students. J Sch Health 76, 512–515.
31. ND Brener , T McManus , DA Galuska (2003) Reliability and validity of self-reported height and weight among high school students. J Adolesc Health 32, 281–287.
32. F Rasmussen , M Eriksson & T Nordquist (2007) Bias in height and weight reported by Swedish adolescents and relations to body dissatisfaction: the COMPASS study. Eur J Clin Nutr 61, 870–876.
35. LL Hardy , SL Bass & ML Booth (2007) Changes in sedentary behaviour among adolescent girls: a 2.5-year prospective cohort study. J Adolesc Health 40, 158–165.
36. MS Treuth , DJ Catellier , KH Schmitz (2007) Weekend and weekday patterns of physical activity in overweight and normal-weight adolescent girls. Obesity 15, 1782–1788.
37. N Armstrong , J Balding , P Gentle (1990) Patterns of physical activity among 11 to 16 year old British children. BMJ 301, 203–205.
38. U Ekelund , M Sjöström , A Yngve (2000) Total daily energy expenditure and pattern of physical activity measured by minute-by-minute heart rate monitoring in 14 ± 15 year old Swedish adolescents. Eur J Clin Nutr 54, 195–202.
40. T Tammelin , U Ekelund , J Remes (2007) Physical activity and sedentary behaviours among Finnish youth. Med Sci Sports Exerc 39, 1067–1074.
41. L Myers , PK Strikmiller , LS Webber (1996) Physical and sedentary activity in school children grades 5-8: the Bogalusa Heart Study. Med Sci Sports Exerc 28, 852–859.