This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. N Meda , B Dao & A Ouangre (1998) HIV, maternal anemia and perinatal intervention using zidovudine. DITRAME Study Group (ANRS 049 Clinical Trial). Int J Gynaecol Obstet 61, 65–66.
4. R Ramon , D Sawadogo , FS Koko (1999) Haematological characteristics and HIV status of pregnant women in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire, 1995–1996. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 93, 419–422.
10. JC Stivelman (2000) Benefits of anaemia treatment on cognitive function. Nephrol Dial Transplant 15, Suppl. 3, 29–35.
12. E Mungen (2003) Iron supplementation in pregnancy. J Perinat Med 31, 420–426.
13. G Weiss & LT Goodnough (2005) Anemia of chronic disease. N Engl J Med 352, 1011–1023.
15. WW Fawzi , GI Msamanga , D Spiegelman (1999) Rationale and design of the Tanzania Vitamin and HIV Infection Trial. Control Clin Trials 20, 75–90.
17. W Urassa , S Matunda , U Bredberg-Raden (1994) Evaluation of the WHO human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) antibody testing strategy for the diagnosis of HIV infection. Clin Diagn Virol 2, 1–6.
20. S Mehta , DJ Hunter , FM Mugusi (2009) Perinatal outcomes, including mother-to-child transmission of HIV, and child mortality and their association with maternal vitamin D status in Tanzania. J Infect Dis 200, 1022–1030.
23. G Antelman , M Smith-Fawzi , S Kaaya (2001) Predictors of HIV-1 sero-status disclosure: a prospective study among HIV infected pregnanat women in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. AIDS 15, 1865–1874.
26. S Durrleman & R Simon (1989) Flexible regression models with cubic splines. Stat Med 8, 551–561.
27. US Govindarajulu , D Spiegelman , SW Thurston (2007) Comparing smoothing techniques in Cox models for exposure–response relationships. Stat Med 26, 3735–3752.
29. N Breslow (1974) Covariance analysis of censored survival data. Biometrics 30, 89–99.
31. D Spiegelman & E Hertzmark (2005) Easy SAS calculations for risk or prevalence ratios and differences. Am J Epidemiol 162, 199–200.
33. RD Semba , N Kumwenda , DR Hoover (2000) Assessment of iron status using plasma transferrin receptor in pregnant women with and without human immunodeficiency virus infection in Malawi. Eur J Clin Nutr 54, 872–877.
34. WW Fawzi , G Msamanga , D Hunter (2000) Randomized trial of vitamin supplements in relation to vertical transmission of HIV-1 in Tanzania. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 23, 246–254.
37. S Brooker , PJ Hotez & DA Bundy (2008) Hookworm-related anaemia among pregnant women: a systematic review. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2, e291.
38. TF Meehan & HF DeLuca (2002) CD8(+) T cells are not necessary for 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) to suppress experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99, 5557–5560.
39. H Babbe , A Roers , A Waisman (2000) Clonal expansions of CD8(+) T cells dominate the T cell infiltrate in active multiple sclerosis lesions as shown by micromanipulation and single cell polymerase chain reaction. J Exp Med 192, 393–404.
42. J Monteiro , R Hingorani , R Peroglizzi (1996) Oligoclonality of CD8+ T cells in multiple sclerosis. Autoimmunity 23, 127–138.
45. TE Coyle (1997) Hematologic complications of human immunodeficiency virus infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Med Clin North Am 81, 449–470.
47. KA Kreuzer & JK Rockstroh (1997) Pathogenesis and pathophysiology of anemia in HIV infection. Ann Hematol 75, 179–187.
48. RF Schilling (1991) Anemia of chronic disease: a misnomer. Ann Intern Med 115, 572–573.
50. S Mehta , E Giovannucci , FM Mugusi (2010) Vitamin D status of HIV-infected women and its association with HIV disease progression, anemia, and mortality. PLoS ONE 5, e8770.
51. S Yetgin , S Ozsoylu , S Ruacan (1989) Vitamin D-deficiency rickets and myelofibrosis. J Pediatr 114, 213–217.
52. J Kendrick , G Targher , G Smits (2009) 25-Hydroxyvitamin D deficiency and inflammation and their association with hemoglobin levels in chronic kidney disease. Am J Nephrol 30, 64–72.
53. M Lawson & M Thomas (1999) Vitamin D concentrations in Asian children aged 2 years living in England: population survey. BMJ 318, 28.
54. H Grindulis , PH Scott , NR Belton (1986) Combined deficiency of iron and vitamin D in Asian toddlers. Arch Dis Child 61, 843–848.