This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. M Haugen , A Brantsæter , J Alexander et al. (2008) Dietary supplements contribute substantially to the total nutrient intake in pregnant Norwegian women. Ann Nutr Metab 52, 272–280.
2. D Dror , J King , D Durand et al. (2011) Association of modifiable and nonmodifiable factors with vitamin D status in pregnant women and neonates in Oakland CA. J Am Diet Assoc 111, 111–116.
3. A Brantsæter , M Haugen , TA Hagve et al. (2007) Self-reported dietary supplement use is confirmed by biological markers in the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort study (MoBa). Ann Nutr Metab 51, 146–154.
4. LC Stene , J Ulriksen , P Magnus et al. (2000) Use of cod liver oil during pregnancy associated with lower risk of type 1 diabetes in the offspring. Diabetologia 43, 1093–1098.
5. CM Fronczak , A Baron , PH Chase et al. (2003) In utero dietary exposures and risk of islet autoimmunity in children. Diabetes Care 26, 3237–3242.
6. M Hewison (2012) An update on vitamin D and human immunity. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 76, 315–325.
7. PC Calder (2007) Immunomodulation by omega-3 fatty acids. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 77, 327–335.
9. T Arkkola , U Uusitalo , M Pietikäinen et al. (2006) Dietary intake and use of dietary supplements in relation to demographic variables among pregnant Finnish women. Br J Nutr 96, 913–920.
10. M Picciano & M McGuire (2009) Use of dietary supplements by pregnant women and lactating women in North America. Am J Clin Nutr 89, issue 2, 663S–667S.
11. R Bailey , J Gahche , C Lentino et al. (2011) Dietary supplement use in the United States, 2003–2006. J Nutr 141, 261–266.
13. HK Brekke & J Ludvigsson (2007) Vitamin D supplementation and diabetes related autoimmunity in the ABIS study. Pediatr Diabetes 8, 11–14.
15.TEDDY Study Group (2008) The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY) study. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1150, 1–13.
16. WA Hagopian , H Erlich , Å Lernmark et al. (2011) The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY): genetic criteria and international diabetes risk screening of 421 000 infants. Pediatr Diabetes 12, 733–743.
17.The TEDDY Study Group (2007) The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY) study: study design. Pediatr Diabetes 8, 286–298.
19. S Moyers , R Richesson & J Krischer (2008) Trans-Atlantic data harmonization in the classifications of medicines and dietary supplements: a challenge for epidemiologic study and clinical research. Int J Med Inform 77, 58–67.
21. A Burton , S Wilson & AJ Gillies (2001) Folic acid: is self-reported use of supplements accurate? J Epidemiol Community Health 55, 841–842.
22. M Brustad , T Braaten & E Lund (2004) Predictors for cod-liver oil supplement use – the Norwegian Women and Cancer Study. Eur J Clin Nutr 58, 128–136.
24. JA Foote , SP Murphy , L Wilkens et al. (2003) Factors associated with dietary supplement use among healthy adults of five ethnicities. The Multiethnic Cohort Study. Am J Epidemiol 157, 888–897.
26. S Zeisel (2009) Is maternal diet supplementation beneficial? Optimal development of infants depends on mother's diet. Am J Clin Nutr 89, issue 2, 685S–687S.
27. B Koletzko , I Cetin & JT Brenna ; for the Perinatal Lipid Intake Working Group (2007) Dietary fat intakes for pregnant and lactating women. Br J Nutr 98, 873–877.
28. SF Olsen , TB Mikkelsen , VK Knudsen et al. (2007) Data collected on maternal dietary exposures in the Danish National Birth Cohort. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 21, 76–86.